Parts Geek / shipment of wrong parts

1 San Bernardino, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered two coil packs for my 2005 Mercedes SL65 AMG. One coil (UF-578) from American Standard was $844. The second coil pack (UF-579) was $811. I received one coil pack in the mail a few days later and it was a Temic coil pack and not the American Standard one. These coil packs are large objects, about 3 feet in length. A second box arrived in the mail a few days later. This was almost funny. The box was less than half the size of a shoe box and an unrecognizable item was in the box. The American Standard coil pack had an item number of UF-579. The small item they shipped was US-579. Shipping department at Parts Geek is pretty much incompetent. There is no phone number to call, you have to file a complaint through their website. When I attempted to use the website, the complaint filing system was out of service for technical reasons. Was not available for a few days. When I was able to file the complaint I did get a response with not much of an explanation, other than to send the items back. No apologies or anything. Additionally, they make you pay for the return shipment. In my case this was almost $56.00 out of my pocket for the incompetency of this company. I would never recommend this company, nor will I ever use them again. On top of all of that, they claim to take up to 30 days to refund your money. Worthless company!

Au
Apr 27, 2015

Comments

• Ar
      4th of Jun, 2015

I ordered a hydraulic brake booster and I did not receive the right part...I sent the part back and they charged
    me a $19.53 restocking fee when they are the ones who sent the wrong part.Not to mention the countless hours I spent on hold when trying to order the part..my dad even called them to let them know they sent the wrong part in the beginning and they hung on him before he could find out how to send the part back...this is a horrible company...