Having problems with Parts Geek?

Parts Geek reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 3, 2009. The latest review Computer repair cost was posted on Jun 23, 2021. The latest complaint mistake on address twice was resolved on Nov 10, 2014. Parts Geek has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 133 reviews. Parts Geek has resolved 32 complaints.

Parts Geek Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Parts Geek Customer Service. Initial Parts Geek complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Parts Geek above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Parts Geek. Discuss the issues you have had with Parts Geek and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Parts Geek Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

PartsGeek — coupon for survey

I have ordered from partsgeek twice (both recently May-June 2014) Both parts were as ordered and worked and...

PartsGeekshipment of wrong item

A week ago I ordered some tailgate hinge caps from PartsGeek for our Nissan Frontier. I figured this would be cheaper than getting the parts from the local Nissan dealer. More on that later. Anyways, I received the supposed parts 3 business days later and was happy about the turn around time. When I opened the box, I came to find out that they sent me the actual hinges instead of the caps. I tried to call them but the message said due to the large volume of calls, they could not take my message. So, I sent an email asking for a RMA number so I could return them. I got the mail 3 days later and it stated 3 very disturbing things: 1) I had 30 days to return the parts, not an issue really. 2) I would have to pay a 5.00 restocking fee, somewhat of an issue, but a work-around. 3) I would have to pay to ship the part back. Cheapest I found for something just over 1 pound was 12.95. So, the order total was roughly 23.00. After I pay the restocking fee PLUS the shipping, I would receive less than a 6.00 dollar refund. Talk about your classic scam that this company is running. Why should I have to pay to have the part shipped back and the restocking fee when this was caused by their representatives. This is their fault not mine. I WILL NOT use PartsGeek again in the future. Now, as for getting the parts I originally requested, I did go to our local Nissan dealer and got the parts for under 7.00. Almost 17 dollars saved if I would have went there first. My recommendations to others is exhaust all your other resources to find a part before resorting to PartsGeek.

Parts Geekwrong parts / lousyccustomer serv.

Ordered axles and tie rods ends for my 2001 Audi A6 Quattro on 2/21/14. They arrived 2/28/14. Appt. with mechanic was 3/6/14. He disassembled entire front end to replace old axles and tie rods ends to find right side axle we received form Parts Geek was wrong part.Here's where the fun starts. I called the pretend customer service number to be told repeatedly they were experiencing high volumes of calls and to refer to the web site for a ticket # and a CS rep would call in 24-48 hrs. Jokes on me. No call and still no live responses to my concerns. I placed 30 calls to this fake 800 # but was able to get the ticket # which is 220975not that it will do me any good. This company has a pretty bad reputation and consistantly sends wrong parts. They give you 30 days to make a return( 2 weeks already down the tube)and will not accept return without RMA# which I can't get since no one has bothered to call me, and to top that off I get to pay to send the wrong part back, plus I get to pay a 15% restocking fee!! There's no way I would have even ordered from them if I'd had any idea they were going to rip me off. Obviously I'm not alone if you read their complaint history. I wish I had. To think I wasted all that time to research what I needed to find they will not make this right makes me sick. I work really hard for my money and am disgusted that companies like this get away with cheating consumers. I'm hoping enough people call this laughable company to the mat and put it out of business. It takes me 2 weeks to make $283.00 and to know I could have thrown it into Lake Michigan for more satisfaction than throwing it away to this cheating company that refuses to help consumers that experience problems with incorrect orders. I've resorted to calling my Credit Card Company to file a dispute and am holding a case number. They assured me they will do all in their power to get my money back. I can't ask for more. Thank you Master Card and your fine Customer Service Reps.

• Wr
        Wrong Car part Aug 07, 2014

I purchased some car parts. when they arrived they were not the correct type for my car. When I asked to return it, they sent me a return number. When trying to return the part via UPS they want $40.00, which I dont have. So i am out $250 for the part, i have sent an email explaining my delema and the fact that they sent wrong part, the return should be free.

PartsGeekkept my $100.00 core

I purchased a powersteering pump from PARTSGEEK. The price was $89 for the pump and $100 for the core charge. (the core is refunded when you send in your old one) I sent in my old one, and they credited me with $100. GREAT!
      NOT SO FAST! The REBUILT PUMP failed after about a month. PARTSGEEK says to send it back to them for analysis. So I sent them back the rebuilt pump. A month later, they send me a check for $89. WHAT ABOUT MY CORE MONEY???? They (Chris) keeps responding to my emails with we've paid you for the core. But that was the credit for my rebuildable core i originally sent in. That 2nd pump I sent back has a core value also. I've spelled it out to Chris like I would a 6yr old. He/She is simply unteachable. And REFUSES to turn this over to a supervisor, or give me a phone number to call in an effort to straighten this out.

Parts Geek — worst parts company ever

I order some strut barings from parts geek it was the worest expereance I had ever had for ording parts. I...

Parts Geek Auto Partsbad business / no support/severice

This business has no customer service as you can not get anyone by phone. When e-mails are sent to them they return without addressing the problem like with shipping to wrong address when notified a change before the item was shipped. They even did not provide valid tracking# for shipping information. I had to drive 140 miles to pick up part as my wife called me saying a part was at that location. I was broke down in williamsport pa. As parts geek was notified before item was shipped. I was told it would be shipped to williamsport... After that I spent days/hrs. Trying contact parts geek customer service... After installing the new part it failed less the 50 miles... Then I again try to contact customer service same problem you get no one just music... Sent e-mails and they do not address the issue but thank you for your business even when you address your problem att. Management... Note: I contacted the part mfg. Dorman and they sent a new part and said the part parts geek sent was defective... This problem has been before christmas holiday and still is on going... 1/23/2014 parts geek is a bad place to do business.

PartsGeek — 15% restocking profit business plan

Partsgeek Review These guys are joke when it comes to customer service and charging you the old school 15%...

Parts Geek — contact informatio

Here is the contact information for the worst company I have ever dealt with, They are too chicken to post it...

Parts Geek — wrong parts no refund or exchange

[protected] /related ticket# 385235 Parts geek inc. nj class action lawsuit!!! join join join Parts geek...

Parts Geekwrong part and customer is paying for correcting their catalog

I searched their catalog and ordered the part. Parts comes in and it did not fit. I requested full refund including the shipping to get their wrong part back to them. They showed me the TERMS that they do not pay that. Unwillingly I paid the shipping to send it to not to NY but to CA costing me $20. I filed BBB complaint and CC dispute. They agreed to give me full refund if I shipped the part back to them before 3/8/2013. I shipped on 3/7/2013 here is the tracking number [protected] at fedex.com. Now they refunded me $164.26 from my original order of $193.25. So I am loosing $28.99 Plus $20 plus the time lost in dealing with them and waiting for the part to come from somewhere else. I would think twice before ordering with them. I have ordered from many parts stores no one charges you anything if they send you a wrong part. These guys are CLOWNS. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM. I hope you stay away from crooks like them.

• Me
              Mers55 Sep 24, 2013

Purchased an item. They sent wrong item and refused to pay return shipping

Partsgeeks.comdo not do business with partsgeek.com because if you have any problems it will take a long time to get resolutions

I ordered 1 part and the total was $146.20. I clicked place order but at the bottom of my screen it says "Your credit card will be billed $288.45.
            I submitted a request using their online form (if you call you get disconnected after 10 minutes saying it is because of high call volume) but after 2 days I track the parts and see they were changed to "shipper requested an intercept and to return to sender". No emails, no phone calls, nothing. Their prices are good but customer service is horrible. After finally getting my money refunded I thought I would give them another chance because the issue may have been a computer glitch. I placed an order on Thursday and on the following Tuesday after not hearing anything except the "Thank you for ordering" email I went to their website to submit yet another request. I saw a track order link so I clicked it to see if it would give me an update. It said the order had been canceled. I submitted another online form and got this:
            "I understand your initial order with us [protected]) You had accidentally ordered one too many fuel tanks. I also understand you did leave some negative reviews and continued to do so after we tried to resolve the issue. At this time we will not be able to fill the orders due to the actions taken after we tried to resolve the initial issue."
            Just to be clear, I did not accidentally order 2 parts, it was their website that make the mistake.
            I went to autopartswarehouse.com and they will price match, have online chat, phones that people actually answer, and excellent service as well as parts. Do NOT do business with partsgeek.com because if you have any problems it will take a long time to get resolutions.

Partsgeek.compoor customer service

I submitted a request using their online form (if you call you get disconnected after 10 minutes saying it is because of high call volume) but after 2 days I track the parts and see they were changed to a shipper requested an intercept. No emails, no phone calls, nothing. Their prices are good but customer service is horrible. After finally getting my money refunded I thought I would give them another chance because the issue may have been a computer glitch. I placed an order on Thursday and on the following Tuesday after not hearing anything except the "Thank you for ordering" email I went to their website to submit yet another request. I saw a track order link so I clicked it to see if it would give me an update. It said the order had been canceled. I submitted another online form and got this:

poor customer service

• Er
                  Ere Nov 22, 2012

Don' t even think about calling them.

• Ra
                  rajcolmo Feb 24, 2012

Tried to order parts for my wife stuck across the country. The automated email responses were not helpful and offered no good way to recontact them. Some accounts would accept reply and some not.

I added shipping address in addition to my billing address to my credit card as an authorized address as instructed. They still refused shipment as billing was not the same as shipping. (I was not going to change my billing address to a hotel) No answer to multiple phone calls. No call back to the one time I could leave a call back number.

After 4 days I got an email it was shipping. 10 min later an automated email that parts were out of stock/order canceled.

Ordered again elsewhere.

• Bi
                  billy93117 Nov 05, 2011

Three parts ordered, one cancelled by partsgeek after payment was made; two other parts were flat out wrong. Still no word from partsgeek - can not reach them by phone, still waiting for any response - DO NOT BUY FROM PARTS GEEK!

• Bo
                  boxfresh Sep 17, 2010

Wow.
                  I have contacted the manufacturer of the part I ordered 'just to let them know' the kind of people they have selling their parts. I have never written a review before, funny this should be my first:
                  I spilled some tranny fluid on my box and requested advice on how to proceed with my master cylinder core return.

Four responses later there is still no evidence that the people hiding behind 'customer service representative' (that's right - noone will use their name!) even understand my situation. In the first response they say a soiled box will not be accepted and offer no advice. The forth response was simply:
                  "Please use the same box if you are returning a core."
                  Oh yeah, along with:
                  "Thank You for Shopping with Us!"

My advice- pay a few pennies extra and get your part elsewhere.

Partsgeek apparently make up those pennies by sticking it to their customers.

PartsGeek — return policy

I ordered a part from PartsGeek because the price was much less than my local auto parts store. It took a...

Parts Geekretun of wrong part they sent

Sent the wrong part, muffler for 08 Mazda 6. Hurricane, and insurance delays on auto body repair, rear end hit left rear muffler had to be replaced. Would not take part back because of 30 day return policy. about 45 days..What business would not make an exception in these circumstances? One that has No Business sense or customer friendliness . Obviously short sighted and Not Recommended

• Jd
                    j.d. davis Oct 25, 2013

I purchased a clutch for my 1994 Ford Escort 5 speed transmission from Parts Geek. I used

there online vehicle match tool and what was supposedly an exact match came up. I purchased

the clutch only to find out later I need the transmission also. It took my several months to

find a 5 speed transmission for my car. When I got the transmission I took it to my mechanic

along with the clutch I purchased from Parts Geek. The mechanic informed me that it was the

wrong clutch for my car. He had removed the old one and showed me that they were completely

different. I contacted Parts Geek about my situation. They only have e-mail as way of

communication. They do not have a customer service department for you to talk to actual

person. They do this so that they can ignore customer complaints and refer them to their

"return policy". This is not the way business is done when you have competitors that pride

themselves on excellent customer service. I would not recommend this company to nobody.

• Ba
                    Barbara Sampson Jan 12, 2013

I totally agree with this person regarding, Partsgeek. Their customer service SUCKS!!! I ordered parts for my Kia and ordered the wrong parts. They REFUSED, to let me return them because it was out of their thirty day return policy. So now I am stuck with over a hundred dollars worth of parts I can sell on ebay and hope I recoup some of the money back from these. Their prices are good, but if their customer service sucks what good is that. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY AWAY.

• Ba
                    Barbara Sampson Jan 12, 2013

I totally agree with this people regarding, Partsgeek. They customer service SUCKS!!! I ordered parts for my Kia and ordered the wrong parts. They REFUSED to let me return them because it was out of their thirty day return policy. So now I am stuck with over a hundred dollars worth of parts I can see on ebay and hope I can recoup some of the money back from these. Their prices are good, but if their customer service sucks what good is that. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY AWAY.

Partsgeek.comcustomer service and refunds

I ordered an a/c compressor for my BMW from PartsGeek.com. When I received the part and tried to have it installed at my local shop, they told me the part would not fit. They didnt even install it. They looked at theold part and noticed that the new part would not work. I contacted partsgeek to return the part and followed all of their procedures, including shipping it back with a tracking number and insurance in the original packaging. They have a 30 day refund policy which states that when the part is received in their facility, the funds would be refunded within 30 days of receipt. Not the case. After 30 days had come and gone, I tried to call partsgeek, who has no customer service whatsoever. You call and wait several minutes listening to elevator music before being prompted to send them an email. They take 48 hours to respond and send you a generic message. They informed me the refund was being processed and I would receive it in 48 hours. Not the case. It took me contacting the Better Business Bureau to light a fire under their back sides and return my money. Not only that, they charge a 15% restocking fee. I have no issue with that, really. However, when you take longer than you state on your website to return the funds, it would be good business to take care of the customer for your shortcomings and failures. The restocking fee should have been waived. I will never shop with these clowns again and I suggest you should not either.

Parts Geek - Online Auto Partswrong part shipped

They sent me a completely different part than what i ordered. However they do not care. You will have to pay to ship it back.

here is a quote from their website
                    I got a wrong part, who pays for return shipping?
                    We do not offer return shipping reimbursement regardless of the party at fault. All returns are freight prepaid by the customer.

So even though Parts Geek screwed up, they will not pay for return shipping. Wish I would have read that before making an order.

Trust me saving a few bucks is not worth the risk of getting sent a completely different part than you ordered and dealing with a company that has zero accountability. There is no live customer service. I even tried to get a sales person on the phone and the automated voice jail hung up on me there after 10 minutes as well. Please learn from my mistake. Thankfully it was only a 15 dollar filter. However, i ordered an oem washer pump. They sent me a washer pump that fit, but it was not the oem brand as advertised. Trust me, go to your local auto store and pay a little more to get the right parts. I wish i would have read these complaints sooner. I am calling the credit card company to see if they can help.

Partsgeek.com — stole my money

After several attempts to get a answer about my partial shipment. I was sent tracking information. It clearly...

Parts Geek — horrible customer service

First off the part that I was sent was defective and after notifying them that it was they didn't even...

Partsgeek.comincomplete order

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life!!! I had a terrible experience!!! These people have non-existent customer service!!!
                      I ordered a rear wheel bearing and hub assembly for my vehicle as it was in the shop up on the lift waiting to be worked on. To buy from the dealership, each part was $200, so I researched online auto products and saw that partsgeek.com popped up in google showing they had my parts. I even forwarded the listing to my mechanic to make sure I was getting both parts. He said that when you order a wheel hub assembly, that it means you are receiving both the wheel bearing and hub, the entire assembly.
                      I even went a step further and called parts geek, yet they never answer their phones. Big red flag there. Should have taken my business elsewhere at this point, but I decided to leave a support ticket which is where you fill out all your information as well as your issue and they return your call when they feel necessary.
                      I got a call back finally and talked to a human being which is what I wanted to do before I ordered my parts. I wanted to be positively sure that I was ordering the right parts. I spoke to "lee" who was a parts geek employee, and he reassured me several times that I would be receiving the rear wheel hub and bearing for my vehicle. I asked a couple more times "are you sure?" and he reassured me that the wheel hub assembly was both parts.in the picture description, it only showed the hub, so I wanted to be positively positive before I ordered because the price was only $58 including shipping for both parts.
                      I was awaiting my parts and received the shipment in 3 days. I was excited to open the box and deliver the parts to my mechanic as I was without a vehicle for 4 days already! I opened the box, and there was one part and it was the wheel bearing and a different brand at that!!! I was confused because in the picture they showed the hub, yet I received the bearing only.
                      I was angry because I had talked to the guy and he reassured me several times that I would be receiving both parts in the order. I then called multiple times and of course, no answer. I left 2 support tickets on friday voicing my concerns and they are open saturday, yet no return call! I waited till monday and left another support ticket, but they have a limit for each email. You can only have 2 or 3 support tickets sent to them, yet they never call you back, especially if you have an issue with them.
                      I called about 30 times that day and finally, somebody actually answered!!! I told the guy what happened and he said he would have "lee" call me back in 5 minutes. I wasn't counting on the call back because of how long I was being avoided, but I was hoping. I did get a call back from the guy who originally told me that I was receiving both parts and he said he would call the warehouse and see what happened.
                      He then emailed me and said he explained to the warehouse what part I needed and that they sent it 2nd day air. I never received any tracking number or anything. I waited to finally receive my part on thursday. By this time, my car was sitting in the shop for 9 days because I was waiting for the remaining part that I paid for.
                      I got the shipment, opened it up, and it was the same part they sent before!!! I was so mad because I needed my car and they sent me the same exact part as they sent before. What a joke! I immediately emailed him and told him that they sent the same part and all he said was "oh. Thought they would get it right this time. I will send ups to pick the parts up." I said "I need one of the parts, and now I have to buy the hub retail, even though that part was pictured in the ad, and I will just keep the other part sent as well because I paid for 2 parts."
                      He sent an email saying "the description of the item you bought was wrong, and the item number matched only the bearing, so you need to return the part we sent you as a courtesy." I was like "what? How in the world am I supposed to know the item number you listed as both parts only matched one part, even though you showed a picture of the part I didn't receive? It's not my problem or fault that you put the wrong picture and description and told me what I was ordering was both parts. You should make it right, but you are hounding me for the part you say is"courtesy"which is not right. I paid for two parts per the description and if I knew I wasn't getting both parts I ordered, I never would have bought from you! I am keeping both parts because I paid for 2 parts." he then emailed me back saying "if you don't return the part we sent you, I will mark your order as fraud and you will not be able to use our site in the future."
                      I was laughing at this point because why would I want to order from them again! I told them they were shady and had terrible customer service and they are still sending ups every single day to try to get the part they say is a "courtesy" part. They have to be crazy to think I would give them that part back when they apparently put up the wrong description where the item number doesn't even match the right brand listed, let alone the parts! Ridiculous!
                      I also cancelled my debit card because they are so horrible, I assumed they would try to charge me again for the part they say was a courtesy. I emailed them and told them that they will get their part back as soon as they send me the other part I paid for. No response. Big surprise.
                      They are a terrible business and don't take responsibility for mistakes or correct them. I am obviously not the only person who is extremely unhappy with their services because they have 353 complaints on bbb.org!!! I mean, really??? That shows they don't care about the customer or making things right. I am the 354th complaint.

• Fa
                          fairguy2 Sep 04, 2012

Maybe this is a fluke but am surprised to read these bad reviews about Parts Geek. My experience with them was good. I ordered several parts from them for my Mercedes 300D including 2 rear axles. The axles were A1 Cardone with $60 core charge each. I returned the cores and got my $120 core charge back. I can't think of anything negative to say about them other than it might have been hard to contact them by phone but they always responded to my emails.

Parts Geek.comreturn

I applied for a return authorization number on March 27, 2012. After 105 return emails saying it would be within 24-48 HRS. I received an email stating that it was denied because the time allowance had been too long. I sent them a very detailed message telling them I had requested only one RMA# on April 3, 2012, 5 whole business days later and received one within 2 minutes. What is wrong with this company.? I will never order from them ever again. The parts didn't fit.
                        I called customer service multiple times and was disconnected each time.
                        WOW ! What a way to run a business.