Panera Bread / food poisioning

79-124 Hwy 111, La Quinta, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760-564-3750

I called in a order for a turkey sandwich for pick up on 4-14-10 and ate it after leaving the store. I ate half of the sandwich. 2-3 hours later I had severe diarrhea and vomiting. I was vomiting in my car just trying to get home. Later I went to immediate care and was treated for food poisoning. I had it in the past so I know the symptoms and in those two other cases were not as severe so I didn't need to seek medical attention. I called the manager Albert when I knew I was sick from the sandwich to hopefully keep anyone else from getting sick. He filed a complaint and was unapologetic. I called 4/15/10 and spoke to manager Ralph to let him know I needed to seek medical attention he was extremely rude! I asked him if anyone else made a complaint and he said no. The way he answered the question was rude and vague. I asked him no one has ever complained of getting sick ever or just not recently? While I was speaking he kept repeating no and hung up. I cannot believe that a manager would act in such a manner. I went in to a business today and I mentioned getting sick there and the woman said she had a tuna sandwich there a couple of weeks ago and she was sick for three days. I asked if she got sick approximately 2 hours after eating it and she said yes. She just thought she had the flu. Unfortunately a lof of people just assume that and they do not report it. The Panera manager stated that it couldn’t have been from them because food poisoning takes 24 hours. That is untrue. From the internet: Symptoms of food poisoning cause by Staphylococcus aureus start more suddenly, usually within two to eight hours, and are more severe. The next time you eat something and shortly after your body is doing everything possible to get rid of it and just prior you had no other symptoms, you most likely have food poisoning. Use your voice to help prevent others from getting sick and bring it to the businesses attention. Hopefully you will get a good manager that shows compassion and concern. That has been my experience in the past but not this time. Since Panera Bread has been so rude I will do what I can to let others know about my experience.

Comments

• Ms
      29th of Dec, 2010

agree that the managers should have been more compassionate and helpful but you should have pursued it further or talked to the general manager..