Outback Steakhouse / rude customers and bartender

1 East Bay Blvd, Largo, FL, United States

Went in to eat dinner with my 8 yr old daughter and like always my daughter headed to the "bar" to sit because this is where we always sit. And rude customers at the bar we're trying to say that a child cannot sit at a "bar"! I clearly told them this is a family restaurant and we can sit anywhere even at the "bar" because it is not illegal in the state of Florida!! Then the bartender asked us what we wanted to drink after standing there looking at us like we were aliens or something. Then as she, the bartender is at the other end of the "bar" she was speaking with a guy (customer) about my child sitting at the "bar". Then when she comes back to sit our drinks down she had a bland attitude like, really do I have to wait on you. And so I stated that this is ridiculous how we can't come in a restaurant and feel comfortable to have dinner without being stereo-typed because of where we want to sit! We got up to leave and an assistant manager came up to me and asked to speak to me because I told the guy sitting close to me that if he had a [censored]ing problem with my daughter sitting at the "bar" to say it to me and not when I'm walking away. Then Kathy the manager asked me to come talk to her as she is walking out the door and tells me that she can't have that kind of "language" in her restaurant and I asked her if it was a library, school or church? Because that kind of "language" goes on all over the restaurant and she didn't know what to say of course. Then I leave and go back to ask her name because she of course did nothing to defend us and make us feel welcome, and she acted like she didn't understand my question. Then, stated to me my name is Kathy, and I'm not asking you to leave and I told her yes you did when you walked outside and told me about my "language in her restaurant." I'm not spending my money where I am harassed because my daughter and I want to sit at the "bar" because customers don't believe a child should sit at a "bar" and have management do nothing to correct the misinformation that customers have and the rudeness of the other customers! I know people who have stock in Outback and I will be sure to let them know how "unfamily-friendly" Outback is.

An