Outback Steakhouse Logo

Outback Steakhouse

Having problems with Outback Steakhouse?

Outback Steakhouse reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 2, 2009. The latest review Filet minion was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Food quality was poor was resolved on Dec 31, 2020. Outback Steakhouse has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 318 reviews. Outback Steakhouse has resolved 10 complaints.

Outback Steakhouse Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 859 4734 (Customer Service)
2202 N West Shore Blvd
Tampa, Florida

Outback Steakhouse Complaints & Reviews

Outback Steakhouse — poor quality

On Monday 02/18/2013 at approximately 5:15pm we entered restaurant, impressed with atmosphere, condition of...

Outback Steakhouse — food poisoning

Once again Outback Steakhouse refuses to stand behind their food. Several months later and multiple phone...

Outback Steakhouse — outback cheats hardworking employees

Class-action lawsuits against this (One of many) racist outback steakhouse food chains, have been piling up...

Outback Steakhousecomplaint 10. poor, slow service

Will never eat at Outback again after tonight's experience. First me and my husband waited forever to be seated. After being seated, we hardly ever saw our waiter. We sat about 5 minutes before he finally came up and took our order. Took about 7 minutes for our salads to get there. The salad was bitter and not fresh. We sent it back and waited for our main course. We only got our first refill when the food got there. This was after they got my order wrong. I had to wait another 10 minutes for them to fix it while my husband ate his. Then they charged us for the salads in the end. The whole restaurant definitely heard about our experience when I summoned the waiter to the table and gave him a piece of my mind. Mind you my husband and I are well off. He makes lots of money. We could have dined here often, but right now I would not give you even a one cent tip.

MauiAL50 May 09, 2012

"Mind you my husband and I are well off" Each complaint you post only reinforces the fact the that money cannot buy class.

Outback Steakhousehorrible service

My wife and I went to New Bern location of Outback on February, 28 2012. It was Tuesday, around 7:45, and the restaurant was completely empty. The hostess sat us right next to a loud party celebrating a birthday. They were using foul language and were quite loud. We waited for 10-15 minutes before our server finally arrived to get our drink orders. Like I said before, the place was empty. There were a handful of people at the bar, our table, and the party next to us. That was it. It should not have taken that long to get a drink order in. We ordered a Blooming Onion that came out burnt and we could not eat. Both of our baked potatoes were cold. We only received on refill during the entire meal. Even after we were done eating it took 15-20 minutes before the check arrived. There was no excuse for the horrible service by our waitress. We even contacted Outback about our experience. It has been one week, and no response. We will never eat there again.

annamxo Mar 07, 2012

I find it odd that you'd bring this to a public online forum. This is a matter that should've been taken up with the management that evening. Chances are high you would've had an item or your whole meal comp'd. Unless of course your complaints are baseless... :/

Next time I'd recommend voicing your complaints to the people who can actually help you.

• Tp
        tpotter4 Mar 07, 2012

The party next to us only had 4 people. One table beside ours being used, still qualifies for the place being empty. Also, I never complained about the wait time for the food. The complaint was about how long it took for the server to initially arrive, and and how long it took to receive the bill.

Outback Steakhouse — disrespect

My spouse works at Outback Steakhouse because it is something to make money while I'm Stationed at Ft...

Outback Steakhousejust a concern

My wife and I have been customers’ at the Grapevine Outback location for 15 years now. We spend one evening, usually Friday evening, also Saturday and sometimes one more time each week at this establishment . Again, I mentioned that we have been doing this for 15 years. During this time we have met all the different management staff, employees and many patrons. As I am sure you are aware, there are some employees working at this location that have been at this location since our first visit, which is one of the main reasons that we enjoy and relish our attendance. I will mention at least one outstanding employee, Bridget, however there are many more that are tremendous and have become close friends (Rachel, Todd, Jackson, Trent, Meredith, to name a few). In addition, we have met many wonderful good people during our visits, and have become very close friends with many other “regulars” and non regulars that dine and visit this location. I guess we just try to be friendly and help everyone enjoy their visit.

As you are aware, Outback is “not” the only restaurant available for us to frequent, however, because of the employees, the service, cleanliness, the standard for quality of food, pricing and variety of selection, we really only ever consider this restaurant. We even joke about it, well, “let’s try a new restaurant…….like ”, and we end up at Outback. All who know us hear about how “ great Outback” is. We solicit virtually everyone we come in contact with to frequent this establishment. We bring our family, our friends, and business associates to this location as stated prior on a regular basis.

I wish to apologize however for an incident that occurred Friday night, 12/23/2011 at this location. I arrived at Outback from work at about 6:30pm, and then my wife and oldest son arrived. We sat at the bar, as we usually do for cocktails and some dinner. Met and spoke with other couples that were sitting around us, laughed and were having a pleasant evening. Although the Restaurant was busy, “service “ was again fantastic, Bridget and Rachel working behind the bar and were just super attentive to all both sitting and standing around the bar area. We ordered some dinner, ate and visited with those around us. Met a very nice couple that resembles an actor and that also lives in Grapevine. Our son finished his dinner and departed at about 7:45pm.

All seemed fine until a group (two adult males, an adult female and young girl) came in and first sat across the bar from us, then moved to some seats that where vacated close to us. As I usually do, I greeted them, they sat down, and I didn’t pay much other attention to them.

All of a sudden, the larger of the two men, started loudly and profanely complaining about the service and how absolutely filthy the bar area was. I looked around to see the what he might be speaking of, but could not really picture what was wrong as the area was busy. My wife responded to the man that he please not be so rude, loud, and asked as to what he was referring, to which he then basically told her to “shut the “f”up, and repeated his disgust with the establishment. It was then both my wife and I responded to the man that if he was unsatisfied, then maybe he should leave. His response became more profane, and told me to be careful for my actions because he would “f” me up. I did then respond quite profane, stood up, stated again that maybe he should leave if things were so horrid, and then I sat down. About this time, one of the assistant managers appeared with a couple of waiters, spoke to the man and then they escorted him back to the kitchen. By this time, the females that were with the men left, and the other man remaining, stated to me that his friend was going to “f” me up, and to be very, very afraid of him. From my sitting position, my response was also stern and profane, yet I asked him if maybe they just leave and I would pay their tab. His response was something to the effect of “f” you. I stated profanely with a “whatever”, and he left. However, the first man was still in the kitchen with the assistant manager. All seemed calm again.

I ordered some dessert, it came, and I ate it. My wife and I were still at the bar when another manager came up to me and stated that “I” should leave. Well, that did irritate me. My “actions” during this event were not perfect, (as my natural voice is loud anyway), however, during the entire issue I remained seated except once, and was basically attempting to defend the staff and the Restaurant.

I then got up, laid $100.00 on the bar for our tab, and have left. Once outside, the first man was there still conversing with the assistant manager.

Outback Steakhousebad service

Open letter to management. I have yet to see a response:

My wife and I had dinner at your establishment on 12/10/2011. I must sadly report that our experience was sub par at best. Let's start with our server, Taylor. He was kind and respectful but did not seem too focused on our needs. You see, it took an awful long time for our order to come out. Everyone else around us was receiving quick and snappy service, even those who were seated after us. After waiting about 30 minutes or so Taylor ran off to check the status of our food. Our order some how got keyed in as a “to go” order and was boxed up getting cold. Our server placed the food onto plates and brought it out to us. I can not for the life of me figure out how that could have happened. The food itself was good but starting to get cold. At the end of our meal he brought us our check BUT never offered us a survey as he had done for the table next to us. Hmmmmm I wonder why?

The second half of me and my wife's irritation came from a gentlemen that was in the restaurant going table to table doing card tricks. I thought that the in-house entertainer was pretty cool but he NEVER stopped at our table. Everyone else around us got a show. The only thing the I could come up with is that me and my wife were the ONLY African Americans on that side of the restaurant. I left your establishment insulted and made to feel like a second class citizen. I really don't think my wife and I will be returning anytime soon. I doubt that anyone in management will take my complaint seriously enough to care but I could not be silent. I needed to voice my thoughts.

Thank you for you time.

thewondermike Jan 08, 2012

UPDATE:
            01/07/2012

My wife and I would like to thank you for you for reaching out and responding to our first email where we had issues with service several weeks ago. We since received a gift certificate from the manager of our local Outback and we visited the restaurant December 26th. Our experience was very pleasant and enjoyable. The food was good and service was top notch. We also got the cookies sent from your corporate office. Thank you. We sincerely mean it. We will be coming back! Thank you again.

Michael and LaTosha Dotson

thewondermike Dec 12, 2011

You were not there sir. Can you offer any details... You not even from my city... Liar.

Outback Steakhouse — my dinner

I went with my family to outback for my moms birthday. I ordered an 8 oz prime rib with mashed garlic and a...

Outback Steakhouseripping off customers

I went to a outback in Sanford Florida and order their 6 oz sirloin.

the server brought out a plate with a flat iron steak on it.

How do I know? I'm a butcher by trade;. when I told the server I ordered

a sirloin steak she insisted that it was, but was unable to explain

to me what it should look like?. Serving a cheaper cut of meat to save money

is one thing.. But lying after you get caught, that's unforgivable, .

even the chef and manager could not explain the different cuts of meat

in their own cooler without labels to assist them'. but they claim to know enough to assure me that I was given the proper steak!.

A word of advice to Outback, if you don't know, admit it, . the truth would have avoided this complaint.

• JKWilliams Aug 23, 2014

Your catching on. Off to the re-indoctrination camp with you.

Steaks are a classic example of foodstuffs now sold with no regard to type or quality. I think the good stuff is all going exclusively to the Beltway or Manhattan. The plebes can take what we offer them (twice the price no less). And why not? The average American yo-yo doesn't know the difference, and pays for it with a credit card, . That ain't a restaurant. It's a place to socialize and "share" and have a socialist time with you F's &F'.

Just saw a pack of turkey vents in the meat cooler of a mainstream grocery store (and not just 6 bits a pound either). Reminds me of my visit to the Soviet Union 40 yrs ago. I watched the poor slobs pawing through blue-green cuts of meat - all of maybe three in the entire cooler, trying to see if any of them had anything salavageable.

I think that gruesome scene has hit home.

Outback Steakhousedisappointed

I will never return to this location. we arrived at approx. 5pm on sat feb19th. the place was packed. one of the hostess was keeping one of the outdoor doors open. and every time the outside door was opened the outdoor wind chill of mid teens come rushing into the restuarnt, where everybody was waiting for a seat. there didnt appear to be any management personnel available. we had asked for a coffee and never received any during the 45 minutes that we were waiting there. there didnt appear that anyone was being seated during this time frame. and after we requested how long before we would be seated and were told at least another hour, we left the chaos at this restaurant !

Outback Steakhouserip off

I was given a $100 gift card to Outback as a Christmas present from my father. The franchise was running a promotion where a bonus $20 gift card was given if the $100 card was purchased. I burned through my $100 card and went to use the $20 at the curbside to-go. I ordered light and the entree came to around $12. I was informed by the car attendant that I would not be receiving the remaining $8 on the card. They are not able to subtract value off the card. It is one time. Use the full $20 or else.

thomas murphy Sep 10, 2011

i agree outback is a rip off, we ate there and i ordered a filet migon - what i got was a ribeye and a poor one. they said it was a filet but i've been eating steaks for 35 yrs - i know the difference... no more outback for me -yuck, , service sucked too..

• Po
                  pobarjenkins Jan 29, 2011

Are you sure it was a gift card and not a coupon? A lot of companies issues coupons that look like gift cards, but are one-time use.

It's possible the poster missed some fine print. Either way, they had the option to use that money under specific conditions and chose not to.

• Im
                  IMPdancing Jan 29, 2011

Good legal question here. The law says a designated promotional must have the value advertised or be viewed as false advertisement. You may wish to write a short blurp to the local university law school asking a professor to make this question into a project for the students. I would think a judge would rule the franchise had falsely advertised that gift card as $20 usage without noting the qualifiers. You could file a "lien" against the vendor for your missing $8.
                  ... Years ago a law student filed a lien against the Hilton Hotel in California after they failed to refund his $20 security deposit. He had to write up a lien for class ... so he wrote it, filed it in court as required. A judge ruled the hotel was required to pay. The Hilton did not pay any attention. The judge ruled at a later session that the hotel would be sold at auction to secure the funds. The attorneys for the Hilton were not there to hear the judge suggest that the law student post the required news announcements in papers in other states! The boy showed up for the auction, no one else came ... he BOUGHT the Hilton Hotel for a dollar. (Which the Hilton in turn paid him over a million to have returned to their title .. they also chose to hire the boy after his graduation as a lawyer to represent THEM in the future). Pretty cool! Would you like to own your local restaurant?? Who knows ...

Outback Steakhouse — don't be fooled

I went to the Outback Steakhouse last night with my fiance. Well Outback has a filet on their menu...

Outback Steakhouse — raw food, incompetent lying manager

Just got home from what I now consider to be the most poorly managed restaurant in Amarillo. I ordered the...

Outback Steakhousefood misrepresentation

I ordered an Outback Special steak which was half the thickness they used to be and in no way looked like the Tv commercial I saw the next evening. Also the Blooming Onion we had was cold and soggy. I did not complain at the time as I did not wish to spoil my wife and my evening out. All I can say is I have eaten at this restaurant chain for about 12 years, several times a year at different locations, but I will not be in future, as it is obvious they are cutting their standards of quality and customer service to maintain their bottom line.This is not the way to maintain customer loyalty and will continue to see their profits dwindle along with the size of the portions.

Jongor Feb 23, 2011

I agree with this. They are cutting there portions and quality.

Outback Steakhousestay away from this place

I placed a to go order with outback for an appetizer, entree and salad. I picked up the order and the service was friendly. I live about a half hour away from this particular outback in Greensboro NC. When I was pulling into the driveway at home I receive a call from outback stating I was given the wrong order, would I come back and get the correct order and they would make my order fresh. I asked what they would do for my trouble and I was told they would give me a free dessert and a coupon for an appetizer on my next visit. So I return and get the order, it is correct this time minus the honey mustard for the alice springs chicken. I go home, an hour later, and eat my meal and discover my chicken entree is not completely cooked, very pink in the middle. So I write a complaint on the outback website. The manager of that store calls me and apologizes and asks what happened, I explain, and she tells me it was handeled incorrectly, that the entire meal should have been comp'd and would have been if she were there (so now I feel kinda cheated by the free dessert offer). She also mentions that corporate will be sending me something in the mail. Well this was some time ago and I have yet to receive anything. I not only spent an extra hour and more gas to get the correct order but it was inedible when I received the order.

• Wi
                      wizard10 May 29, 2010

I recently had the opportunity to visit an Outback Steakhouse restaurant on 5/28/2010 @ 13:11 during the day. The traffic in the restaurant was minimal and not really busy. I thought I would share some concerns during my visit the atmosphere, cleanliness and over all food quality.
                      I hate to be food critic and understand that every business try’s their best to satisfy their patrons, but this was one of my worst exsperices with a restaurant in a long time, not to mention from an establishment such as the Outback Steakhouse.
                      I called the owner or manager who went by the name of Able, who I actually talked with after my orders was delivered and he was pleasant and genially concerned with my complaint of the delivery of my main course of a steak all alone in a middle of the plate very unappealing for $7.95 with my side of salad in a bowl 10 minutes prior. His comment is that I would find this to be a common practice due to the economy, I cannot agree, I have visited other restaurants in the area and the presentation of the platter was far more attractive for the same price point and he offered me a side of veggies which was kind if they were not over cooked and could eat.
                      I left the restaurant and called the management and explained myself and he offered to credit my meal back for myself and my wife, and to date this has not happened, so his jester is also at question, I will not call back to check on the reason why the promise was not done. I will contact the City Health Department with my concerns on the cleanliness of the restaurant.
                       Both of our classes were dirty at the rim with soap and looked to be lip stick.
                       The restaurant did have a stale smell once you enter the doors and I also most turned around but I figured I was already in the door and wanted to eat.
                       The table were dirty and food on the seats.
                       I opened my flatware and napkin and found a hair in it.
                       The food was cold and the steaks were over cooked and texture of leather.
                       No seasoning, I could have cooked the same steak at home better.
                      All in all I figure I should have reached in my wallet and gave outback $24.95 and left, poor excuse of a restaurant and would love a refund. Maybe check the restaurant for quality once and a while.

Outback Steakhouse — charged my debit card more than agreed

Having been satisfied with our meal I decided to give them a 10% tip. I did this using my visa debit card and...

Outback Steakhouse — fraud and cheating

Your not getting what you pay for when you order ribs at Outback. Go to any good BBQ place and order a 1/2 or...