Orbitz / Don't expect to receive a Price Assurance Refund

1 IL, United States Review updated:

My family and I booked a flight in June 2009. Shortly after I received an email from Orbitz stating that someone booked the same trip for a lower price and I would receive a price assurance refund check in the amount of $80, expected to arrive 6-8 weeks later. 8 months later, I still have not received the refund check. I've contacted Orbitz numerous times. Half the time, I'll get the call center in Manila, Philippines. The people at that call center are obviously reading from a script, and have no idea what you're talking about. When I'm able to get a hold of someone in their U.S call center, they're not qualified to handle customer complaints, and tell me to email the company. I have emailed Orbitz, filed a complaint with the BBB, even received an email from Orbitz stating for the 3rd time I would finally receive my refund, but in the end...still no refund. I wonder why Orbitz received an A+ rating, considering all the complaints filed against them. I will never use Orbitz again. They're only available to book flights and hotels. When it comes to customer service, they pull the disappering act. The commercials for the "Price Assurance Refund, " should be yanked off the air for false advertising.

Ji

Comments

• Do
      29th of Apr, 2011

Orbitz's low price assurance is not a good value. Airlines typically have their own low price assurance guarantee. It works 100% of the time. Orbitz's guarantee only works when "another Orbitz customer" books a lower price for the same itinerary. The chances of that is close to zero. Orbitz's price assurance has little real value.

I tried to negotiate a Orbitz voucher but they were very firm about the deceit they promote. Expedia is much more customer friendly.

Next time I will book through the airlines directly. Check to see if the airlines have a low price guarantee.