Orbitz / Inaccurate TLC text updates

1 Eugene, OR, United States Review updated:

Orbitz sent me a text message saying that my flight was delayed. I changed my plans and showed up at the airport to find that the airline got back on track and was leaving at the previously scheduled time. Even though it was still not leaving for a half hour they said that they could not process my ticket and get me on the plane. Orbitz would not help me get another flight and only offered a $50 voucher towards future business even though I was having to take a red-eye flight that was worth much less than the flight that I paid for. They would take no responsibility for the fact that they advertise this service as what sets them apart from all of their competitors. If I would have bought from anyone else I would not have gotten the text and I would have made my flight.

Comments

• Oh
      19th of Nov, 2008

So, the airline relayed thru their GDS system to Orbitz that they were running late, and that was relayed to you. Then, the airline decides they are going to leave a little quicker at the airport, just, 30 minutes late, but doesn't notify Orbitz, so Orbitz cannot notify you. So, this is Orbitz fault? All airlines tell you to be there a certain amount of time before you SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME. You decided that if they were running late, so could you?