Orbitz / Failure to refund, Orbitz scam

I ordered a hotel and car package through Orbitz for the weekend of April 18th, 2009. When I arrived to pick up my car from Budget, they told me that they saw my Orbitz reservation, but that Orbitz had not paid them for my rental. I was forced to pay Budget out of pocket for a new rental and almost missed the wedding I was going to.

Today is May 13th and I have still not received the refund that I was assured I would get by the CSR person I spoke with on April 19th. I have wasted hours calling Orbitz, being put on hold, and speaking with several CSR representatives who have told me numerous things that have turned out to not be true.

I am considering writing a detailed letter to the Better Business Bureau to report Orbitz. I advise all travelers to use other travel sites so they can avoid the sickening dishonesty that I have had to deal with.

Tom
Williamsburg, VA

To

Comments

• Mo
      13th of May, 2009

Most of the time you don't pay through those websites. They will hold a reservation for you but you pay the car rental when you pick up. Are you sure that you only paid for the hotel and NOt the car rental?