Optimum cablevision / they charge me for a service fee when a technician when to my house

Pittsburg PA, US

On 09/19/16 I called Optimum customer service at about 10:55 AM for a technician to come to house because I was having problems with the internet. They tole me someone will be coming to my house between 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM I agreed . At about 11:20 AM I called them back to cancel, because I had a family emergency. I had to take my 84 year mother to the doctor. Customer service told me there will be another technician in my neighborhood between 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM and asked me if I would be home at that time and I would want to change the appointment instead of cancelling. I told them I would be home at that time from the doctor so I agree with the new appointment they gave me. When I was at the doctors at about 2:55 PM customers service called me and told me that there was a service man at my house. I told them that we change the time for the service man to come later on in the evening. They check and realize they made a mistake and told me he will come later between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM. The service man did come later and fixed the problem. When I received my bill I saw they charge me a missed service fee appt. amount $ 59.95 I did call customer service and I did explain everything to them and they told me they could not do anything about it. I asked to speak to a supervisor is name is Jeff I also explain everything to him and he said there was nothing he could do to take this charge off my bill. I've been a optimum customer since the 1990s a very loyal customer and I always paid my bill on time. I told him I will be cancelling optimum service, also my mom who lives two doors away from me and she also been a customer since the 1990s. This Saturday me and my mom is switching to Verizon cable and I will never recommend optimum to anyone. I am a very disappointed and a very unhappy customer.

Ra