[Resolved] Opodorefund after not allowing me on my flight and saying it was a no show

This company is the worst! I booked with opodo (big mistake). On arival at the airport I was held at security with united airlines and asked many person questions that have absolutely no relevance to them and after 45 minutes they decided I was not allowed on my flight as I did not have a visa to enter America (it is not required as I was only passing threw transit). After showing this to them they still would not let me on my flight or allow me to cancel my flight. I called opodo to cancel and they told me I was marked as no show so are not able to refund my ticket!! I have proof of being at the airport, I even had to book another flight from the airport for 2 hours later with a different airline as I already out of my home country. This is pathetic. I advise anyone booking with this company to re think the idea. This will be taken to the press.

• Resolution statement

• Opodo Customer Care's Response, Feb 03, 2017

Dear Energie123,

Thank you for making this post allowing us the opportunity to clarify your doubts.

Firstly, we are very sorry to hear of that unpleasant experience.

We kindly remind you that there is a responsibility of the customer to be in a possession of valid documents for travelling. Passport and visa regulations can change and you should therefore, check with the relevant embassy well in advance of travel.

Opodo prevents the customers publishing the relevant information on-line in its T&C, which are also required to be read and accepted at time of booking on-line. Opodo, as the air carrier therefore, could not be responsible for the customer who do not possess the correct documents.

Kindly reply a private message providing the Opodo booking code or update your review indicating this information should you require our assistance for a refund.

Best regards,