Olive Garden / charged for extra tomatoes on endless salad

1 Duluth, GA, United States Review updated:

Last time we were in the restaurant I complained about the lack of tomatoes and the waiter said we could get the salad any way we wanted it. So we requested extra tomatoes on the second salad and got them. This visit I asked for them up front. I didn't see any extra tomatoes so I asked for them again on the second salad. When I got the bill I was charged $1.29 for a side of tomatoes. I asked the waitress about it and was told that her manager told her she had to charge, that in a salad for 3 people there were 3 tomatoes (these are just thin slices). She said they put 7 tomatoes on the first salad and 9 on the second. How ridiculus is this that I get charged for extra tomatoes on an endless salad! I could of just asked for more salads and picked the tomatoes out!
Olive garden Address 3465 Mall Blvd Duluth GA 30096
Deana Emery
demery101@hotmail.com

De
Feb 26, 2018

Comments

• Su
      26th of Feb, 2018

The contents are counted per salad. If you want extra, you pay extra. Common sense comes in handy. If everyone asked for extras at no charge, they’d not make money. Restaurants are a business and extras cost money.

• St
      6th of Mar, 2018

@SubSquirrel Per you common sense they should of just ordered salad after salad just to get the "included " tomatoes.

How much money do you think the restaurant would pay out to watch those salads be scraped into the trash. Endless salad means you can get the salad how you want with any amount of the included ingredients that make up a "standard" salad.

• St
      6th of Mar, 2018

Those are stupid replies and comments.
    Would you rather a person order more salads just to pick 1 or 2 items from it and waste the rest? I mean come on if it's part of a salad then why and how do you charge for a part of an UNLIMITED salad? Be grateful she's not part of the wasteful society of the wonderful USA. There is already enough starvation here and so much food goes to waste.