Norton / unauthorised payments

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Have not had a norton subscription for over 2 years. All of a sudden had a random debit from my account for £84.99. Phoned bank and claimed it as fraud. 2 days later my parents visited and bought with them a norton renewal card that had been delivered to their address. I have not lived at this address for over 10 years, when i logged into my old norton account the address that was on their site was my previous address (still not my parents address). i also had not had any products for the amount deducted and nothing was active on this account. I contacted norton to see what the hell was going on.

They really did not seem to understand what i was saying. The account that they had debited me for was one i had now used for over 10 years, had no access to and could not even remember what email address i may have been using at this time. Laughably they claimed unless i provided the email address (that i did not know) that i used, they could not find my account. How they have no ability to search my name or address completely baffles me.

By this time the chat representative was getting rather short and aggressive. Eventually they told me the order number will be on the debit on my bank statement. i checked this and provided the information, to be told this is not a valid order number. At this time i really did feel like i was banging my head against a wall. After a little more arguing back and forth they threw some email addresses at me and asked if they could be mine. i told them to check if any of them had been debited recently for the amount. By now the chat representative was getting really arsey. Eventually they agreed to refund me (bonus considering my bank already had), then came the real kicker. They provided me with my card details that they would be refunding the money to. This card was relatively new. i demand to know how they obtained this information as i did not supply it to them. I was informed i must have. When i again explained, no i did not and seeing i could not even access this old norton account, it was pretty impossible for me to do so.

The chat representative literally started arguing me at this point. I then asked how do i make a complaint. Information on this would not be given. In the end i got fed up of wasting my time with this shambles of an organisation and demanded all my accounts be shut down and my details wiped and ended the conversation.

Would recommend avoiding Norton at any cost.

Fe
May 3, 2018

Comments

15th of May, 2018

Sorry about the trouble you had with our support. As this is a public platform, we do not have option to collect your information to look in to this further. Please get in touch with our Twitter support at: @NortonSupport. We can collect more information and help.

Thanks