Norton Symantec / unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
Norton Anti-Virus billed my checking account in the amount of $49.99 on 11/24/08. I did not authorized Symantec - Norton to bill my private checking account and I demand that I be reimbursed in the full $49.99.
Je

Comments

Gi
  31st of Jan, 2009
I have seen many with same complaint as you and I both experienced.
I contacted the Department of Justice in NH and are pursuing it, with already a letter sent to Symantec! With letter to Dept. of Justice, I included almost 20 pages of complaints from many different people! Though it maybe out of their jurisdiction to look outside of NH for complaints, I wanted them to be aware of all of these people being hit with unauthorized charges from Symantec!

People, with same problem. contact your state's Dept of Justice, Consumer Protection Antitrust Bureau! Enough complaints sent from Dept. of Justices, Consumer Protection/Antitrust Bureau to Symantec
Symantec will HAVE to DO SOMETHING!! They already have a few class action suits..nothing to do with this particular problem, though.

Many Thanks..pls forward onto others!
Ri
  7th of Feb, 2009
I had the same problem with Norton, When my wife installed the anti virus program it automaticly subscribed her to " automatic renewal" .
Fast forward to one year later and it is renewal time . She no longer is using Norton and got an e-mail telling her that her subscription would be automaticly renewed, and asked me to cancell it.
I loged on to thier website and found I needed an account number to cancell the renewal process.
They then provided a number to me, which when entered into thier system stated that the number was incorrect... Long story short.. by the time that I got it straightened out we were charged the $49.00 fee
After this my mother went through the same scenario. While the Symatec web site had beed updated to make it easier to "find" information on the renewal process it was still a shell game to actually cancell the subcription to automatic renewal..In the end she just cancelled her credit card and got a new one to avoid being charged...

Norton Logo Norton