[Resolved] Nortonfraudulent email

Dear sir, I received an email which asked for money on your behalf for something I have never had, I was not happy on receiving this email they did give a reference Norto 221794 which I have given to you.
The only thing I ever get from norton is computer security and have always paid for this on the same day
I renewed it, I was not pleased about this matter and would take it to the police fraud department.
At the moment I don't feel like renewing with norton again, unless you can resolve this matter and I would like to know how they got my email address.
Regards

• Resolution statement

• Norton Customer Care's Response, Jun 08, 2018

Sorry about the trouble. We would like to collect more information and investigate on this. Please contact our support at www.norton.com/contactcs.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Norton Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2018

Sorry, this seems to be a third party. We do not have any relation with this third party. All our products are pre-paid. I suggest that you contact your bank and discuss about this further.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

Ch
Jun 06, 2018

Comments

• Al
      Jun 12, 2018

Received exactly the same email even quoting the same ac no and a contact no for a Mr Robert Jackson Debt Dispute Manager for geniusservicecentre.com [protected]

• Al
      Jun 19, 2018

I've had one of these emails also. asking me for money and giving me a supposed account number and amount they're saying I owe. Different phone number than above though. Norton need to sort it out asap. It's clearly some kind of scam.

• Ba
      Jun 22, 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I have, today, received the following email from [protected]@geniusservicecentre.com demanding over £400 for software I never purchased... They say my account is overdue since 22nd Feb 2015 … If it was over due then why only contact me now...
    I have never bought any Norton software at anytime … or downloaded paid software... I am not a business, so I wouldn't need £400 worth of software... I am a 68 year old retired pensioner...

Your assistance in this matter would be much appreciated... EMAIL attached:...

"[protected]@geniusservicecentre.com
    To:
    brian.[protected]@yahoo.co.uk

‎22‎ ‎Jun at ‎12‎:‎38

Dear Customer,

Account Number :- NORTO-221794

Your account balance of £495 was overdue as of 22 Feb 2015.

Our client informed you several times for software package payment but you denied. This matter we have to escalate to the small claim court with further court notice. If there is a reason why these payments have been withheld we would be obliged if you could contact us in order to either explain the reason or come to some form of payment arrangement.

If we do not hear from you within the next seven days we will have no alternative than to commence with further debt collection procedures. If you do not clear your outstanding you will be continuously charged on monthly basis because you have never cancelled the services so far.
    You can always contact us and we will look into it mutually. Or the matter will be resolved in the court which will take a long time and till then your account will be levied heavily with fine. Kindly ignore this email if you wish to resolve this matter in small claim court.

Yours sincerely