[Resolved] Norton — fraudulent email
Dear sir, I received an email which asked for money on your behalf for something I have never had, I was not happy on receiving this email they did give a reference Norto 221794 which I have given to you.
The only thing I ever get from norton is computer security and have always paid for this on the same day
I renewed it, I was not pleased about this matter and would take it to the police fraud department.
At the moment I don't feel like renewing with norton again, unless you can resolve this matter and I would like to know how they got my email address.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Norton Customer Care's Response, Jun 08, 2018
Sorry about the trouble. We would like to collect more information and investigate on this. Please contact our support at www.norton.com/contactcs.
Norton Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2018
Sorry, this seems to be a third party. We do not have any relation with this third party. All our products are pre-paid. I suggest that you contact your bank and discuss about this further.
More Norton Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Norton Annual Renewal - fraud and scam 
- [Resolved] Norton Annual Renewal 442076165600 Gb - unauthorized payment 
- Norton Corporation - iyogi.net support full of fraud 
- Norton Law Group - mortgage scammed 
- Norton Annual Renewal - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal 
- [Resolved] Norton - unauthorised payment taken by norton
- [Resolved] Norton - security software has been removed and you have removed fees from my bank
- Norton Symantec - a2a payment
- [Resolved] Norton Security - unauthorised payments 
- [Resolved] Symantec "Norton" - virus