Northern Tool / Customer Service

1 Concord, NC, United States Review updated:

My wife and I live recently visited the store at 840 Concord Parkway N in Concord, NC on Sunday May 3, 2009. We were looking for a portable source of power to use in our small business. We were looking for something like the Duracell Powerpack 600, weren't really sure what we needed for what we wanted to do, so we were hoping someone could give us information and a little direction.

We walked around the store several minutes looking for the item and saw no one. Finally we came to an isle where two employees were stocking the shelves and ask them where the Duracell Powerpack 300 or 600's were. They pointed to the front of the store in the corner and gave us the isle number and then went on with there 'not work related conversation.' They never hardly look up or offer to show us. When we finally found the isle with the items we were looking for, we felt like we needed to ask a few questions about the products to buy. So we went back to the isle where the first employees were and they were gone. We then went to the front resister and asked the person on the register if he could send someone over to help us with our questions about the Duracell powerpacks. He very abruptly asked what we wanted to know. We then said said the we had several questions about the Duracell Powerpack 300 or 600 and he then interrupted us and said that the Duracell Powerpack 100 was the one on sale. Before we could tell him that we weren't interested in the the sale item, but the Powerpack 300 or 600 he turned away. We went back to the isle and looked some more on our own, hoping that he would send someone over. He never did, so we went back to the resister and and waited a while, while he talked on the phone, in what sounded like a personal phone call. By the way..there were no customers at the register this whole time. Finally we got frustrated and left the store empty handed.

We then went to Lowes a few miles down the highway and bought a Black & Decker Powerpack type unit for about $115.00. Just wanted you to know of our experience at Northern Tool in Concord.

Thanks,
Tim
Salisbury, NC ( 20 miles from Concord, NC Northern Tool)

Td

Comments

• Da
      12th of Aug, 2010

I bought a generator at norther in knoxville, tn. They said it would have adequate power. It doesn't. I wanted to return it, they said i couldn't since I had put gas and oil in it. How else would I know it wouldn't work without gas and oil in it. Now I am out $1, 173.00 on a weak generator. I would advise to go to a real hardware store that will take returns if you are ill advised on your purchase from their staff.

• Ka
      13th of Jan, 2011
    Northern Tool - Reburbished Equipment
    Tampa
    Florida
    Phone: 8136419447

I purchased a refurbished pressure washer from Northern Tool. The first time I used it, it completely locked up. I took it to the store where it was purchased and they had a technician look at it. The said it was going to cost $350 to repair it (more than I paid for the pressure washer to begin with). They also told us that they do not stand behind their refurbished equipment. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service we experienced and we were even dealing with the manager of the store. This is a warning to others not to buy any refurbished equipment from them.

• Uk
      1st of Aug, 2011

I went to the store on Patton ave in NC. The staff were very rude and no help what so ever.
    I will never buy from there again

• Sh
      18th of Nov, 2015

I went and got a new pressure washer pump took it home it was locked up called them not an hr later and told them it was bad they said come back and we will swap it out and when I drove 45 min back to the store they said sorry I can not help you we have to send it off to be repaired for you I do not want a piece of crap repair I bought a new pump that was supposed to work and that is what I want. know I am loosing time and money on jobs that I have scheduled and am out the trips back and forth that is bad business I will never buy anything else from them again and I have spent thousands in there in the last six months Never shop the Ocala florida store.

• Mo
      16th of Jun, 2016

so go buy a couple of bolts and attach it to your work bench. problem solved...

• Po
      16th of Jun, 2016
    Northern Tool - Customer Service on Purchase
    Northern Tool
    Minnesota

These guys are charlatans and their customer service is the worst. I bought a chain grinder from them and they omitted the necessary bolts to attach it to the bench. Their website does not advise you of this and when I called they blew me off. Returning this machine would cost more than the price of it so I am stuck with a piece of junk and no recourse. Save your money and DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FORM NORTHERN TOOL! Flag all their emails as spam! You will thank me for not getting ripped off again from these crooks.