Nokia Melbourne Care Center / rude manager and lost 1500 pictures

elizabeth street nokia care centerMelbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0406457015
Hi my name is sevinc, i went to nokia customer service on 10th october friday about 11.54 am. I dont know staff's name but she has black hair and black eyes, middle height, middle weight but if i was to see her i would remember her..she was sitting at the 2nd desk.I gave her my phone with my messages, telephone numbers and very important 1500 pictures with some videos. I am a photographer in turkey i've been in melbourne since feb and dont have too much time.Those photos that i had were very important as i was going to use them in a art galary.As i was at the nokia care centre i asked the lady that served me what was going to happen to my photos, etc. she said not to worry that they are going to save my data at the back computer.i also have a paper to prove that, and that i will not loss any of my photos. i asked her four times if its safe for my photos and she said that they do have the facilities to save peoples photos. those photos are very very important to me which can not be returned if loss as they were very centimental.

Today which is Tuesday the 14th of october i went nokia care centre, as i was there the service i got was very socking.My phone that i gave with all my data did no longer have any data in it.I spoke to a lady that was the manager her name was Natalie.She couldnt find my data that they promised me to save on any of the back computer of the store.She also was very rude and didn't take any liability for the situation.She basically toled me to forget about my important data and that i wouln't be able to do anything about it.I am very upset and will take this matter further if i cant get help from any one.Natalie also said i shouldn't waist my time in complaning that every thing goes to her and that she is in control.Being a manager at the nokia care centre melb does not give her the rights to treat me and other people the way she does.
I have experinced a very bad thing today as it has affected me alot.I'm only a visitor in melbourne it is not a very good memory to go home back with.I would like my data like they have promised to be given back to me.I don't care how but i want my data back.I also have the filling that they didn't look properly to find my data.I would appricate if someone could help me

kind regards

Comments

Do
  10th of Nov, 2008
I have also had a less than satisfying experience with the care centre in Melbourne.

4 weeks on and after a number of vistis involving multiple hours waiting in the centre i still don't have my replacement phone.

The peak of this terrible customer service was going to collect my new phone on Saturday after being told on Friday afternoon that my phone was ready for collection.

Nokia a successful customer focused company seems to have fallen victim to poor Australian middle management. I'm almost embarrassed to be an aussie.
As
  15th of Jun, 2009
It gets worse as when you phone their Melbourne store number you are hit with three menus and loads of rubbish talk then you are transferred to a Malaysian call centre and spoken to illiterate phone operators that couldn't find their own backside at the second or third attempt. Australia's Nokia division is about as useless as one can imagine. It's cheaper to fly to Shanghai and find a repairer than it is to be mucked around when you're on expensive mobile call rates talking to their incompetent staff.
Al
  13th of Aug, 2009
Their call centre has never answered my calls or emails. Going in person but I'm a little aprihensive to leave my phone with all the numbers I don't have copies of now. I already had this felling they are trouble and it just got worse. Accounts on whirlpool of doodgy 2nd hand replacement phones sent out as "new" replacements under warranty. Sounds like they are scammers.

Apple just replaced my friends iPhone no questions asked, although I note they have a new patent granted for detection sensors that can measure excess heat/moisture and impact as they are probably getting scammed by false claims too. At least Apple puts an emphasis on great customer experience even if it costs it a fraction of their margin the long term brand benefit has proven to be enormous. Take note Nokia.
Vl
  21st of Dec, 2009
Victorian Ombudsman would possibly help you out this case. If you do have strong evidence with you.

Nokia Logo Nokia