Nokia 6300 / defective model

1 India Review updated:

Urgent
Dear sir/mam,
I miss. Sejal mehta am a user of nokia 6300 phone. I had purchased this phone on 06/01/2008 from alfa (Vile parle west). However within a week the battery of my phone was not working properly and used to take nearly 4 to 5 hrs to charge and would immediately become low inspite of not using the phone for more than 15 mins in a day.
Hence I approached alpha and they replaced the battery of my phone, however the same problem continued to persist inspite of replacing the battery.
They suggested me to go to nokia care centre. So I went to the nokia care centre at lower parel on 23/02/2008 and told them what the problem was. So they replaced my battery after having kept the phone with them for two days ref: job no. Mum0358860. However inspite of this the battery used to take 3 hrs for charging. Due to this problem I was not using any of the features of the phone like camera, music player, images, bluetooth and so on. Since the problem was yet not solved I approached them once again on 17/03/2008 and they asked me to handover my charger and headset to them ref: job no. Mum0375756. They swapped the headset (Replacement of motherboard) and replaced the charger and battery. The original esn no. Of my phone was [protected] and the new esn no. Is [protected]. They returned my phone after a week. However even after getting the headset swapped the battery now takes nearly an hour to charge but it drains out very fast.
So again I went to nokia centre on 28/03/2008 ref: job no. Mum0382912. Since they were not convinced that the problem still persisted they kept my phone with them for two days inorder to inspect it.
Today when I went to collect my phone they told me that again the phone has gone for replacement (Replacement of motherboard second time).
I would like to inform u and bring to your notice that inspite of buying a new phone of a company like nokia I am not satisfied with the phone at all. Infact it has already caused a lot of trouble to me since after every 10 days I have to go to the nokia centre to get it repaired. I fail to understand that even though the phone is not even 2 months old it has been repaired almost 4 times and yet the problem continues.
Now I have left all hopes of having the phone in good condition without any problems since there is no gurantee that inspite of getting it repaired so many times I will not face any problem again.
This is really a very unplesant experiance for me especially because nokia phones are supposed to be of the best quality.
I have spent rs. 8, 325 to buy this phone which is not at all value for money.
Hence I request u to kindly solve my problem and replace me with a brand new phone or refund my money back to me.
My patience have given way now and hence if no responce is received from ur side I am left with no option but to approach the consumer forum.
I am having great expectations from u n I hope that u will solve my problem. If u want to send any reply or contact me u can mail me on this email id or contact me on [protected] or [protected].

Thanks and regards.

Urgent
To whomsoever it may concern,

I had sent the above mail to u yesterday however I have not received any reply from ur side.
Inspite of mentioning the problems that I am facing u have not taken any interest in the matter and have ignored it.
I demand that u look into the matter most urgently and reply back to me soon.
If no reply is received by me from ur side I shall move to the consumer forum and lodge a complaint against u for not providing quality products and services.
Thanks & regards.

Se

Comments

14th of May, 2008

Nokia has become the worst option these days. I have also taken Nokia 6300 and am not able to use the same as most of the keys do not function. I got fed up with this set and decided to throw the same as there was no response from Nokia dealer and we do not have patience to spent our time and money to go to various service centres.
    I think only the unfortunate people buy Nokia these days . Such a horrible service and response I have never expected from such a reputed firm.
    My suggestion would be to keep urself cool and try your best to approach the comsumable court for claims and never recommended anyone to go for Nokia. gOOD lUCK