Nicor Gas Illinois / GAS SHUT OFF

1 Bradley, IL, United States Review updated:

My gas was shut off today. When I called instead of the past amount from last month being 444.17, the automatic thing said I owed $1088.00. So before I made a payment automatically, it of course routed me to another unhelpfull person (A live one at that) I asked her how much I had to pay to get it turned back on like today or tomorrow(If nothing else). She said I had to pay 444.17 and she would take that payment over the phone for another charge of course. So after she processes the payment and puts me convienantly on hold for 7-8 minutes, then informs me that my gas cannot be turned on for 8 days from today. What kind of SICK TWISTED GAME is this that these fricken utility companies like to play? It only takes them ONE day to drive over here, but 8 to drive back. They have been camped out in our neighborhood every day doing something, mainly BS ing but they cant drive back for 8 days. Is this what they do decide to incorporate corporal punishment to consumers for their bill being late. Like we don't have ENOUGH FINANCIAL PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW. I think it's time we put a stop to this SICK game. I'm turning them inot Lisa Madigan as well. Enough is enough.

Ro

Comments

• Ki
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I wish I could change from Nicor! I set up a payment plan, and just gave them money. So I paid it in full at 7:30 this morning. But they said they can't get it on until tomorrow. I begged them. I am suffering from 2nd degree burns and need to take a lukewarm bath. SHe laughed at me.

I have half the mind to call for a gas leak. I would get someone here in 15 min!

• Th
      8th of Jul, 2009

My gas has been shut off for 3 weeks now. They want $1500 dollars to turn it back on and I do not have it. We take showers at the relatives house and have no cold water. They were extremely unhelpful and referred us to the state assistance line. We called and got a recording that they are not taking any request for assitance until October. I have 4 little kids, and life as we no it has turned upside down because of Nicor. It is a matter of time before someone goes postal on them, and quite frankly I wouldn't shed a tear for the cold response they gave me and the unwillingness to work with me or set up a payment plan. With this economy taxing everyone, Like I said, it is only a matter of time before someone pushes back.