Netspend Prepaid Debit Card / fraud

1 Astoria, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 917-226-9300

A year ago I had a netspend account but lost the card when I went overseas to iraq. My card was fraudulently used and so I reported it. I never heard anything from netspend about my claim but since it was only $100, I just left well enough alone. Today I opened a another netspend account and put $2, 000 on the card. When I went to use the card they declined all my purchases and when I called to inquire, they told me because of fraudulent activity on the previous account, I was no longer able to have a netspend card. Further, the new account that I just opened would be unusable and the $2, 000 I used to open the account would be sent to me after 20 business days!!! That $2, 000 was my entire paycheck!! How am I supposed to pay my rent, feed my children, or take care of medical bills for the next month while they play with my money. More importantly, if the company decided they didn't want me to have an account, why didn't they decline my application for the card instead of charging me $10.00 for the card and then keeping the other $2, 000?

Sa

Comments

• He
      6th of Feb, 2012
    netspend prepaid debit card - Cant get ONE TRUE answer
    Augusta
    Georgia

our tax preparer chose this company and it makes me question if we will use them again!...The NETSPEND company SUCKS!!! No one gives you the same answer twice...i was told i could transfer all my funds after i never recieved my first card...NOT TRUE...then i can transfer 1000 a day...NOPE! WRONG!...3500 in a seven day period!!...ITS MY MONEY!!!...And NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!...If you want to work for NETSPEND please apply in CHINA!!!