Net10 Wireless / dismal customer service

I spent over an hour talking to customer service on four occasions trying to get one of two phones I own reactivated. I talked to a person in Belize that was hard to understand, and was told a new sim card would come in the mail in 5 to 7 days. After two weeks, I called and another agent couldn't find any record of the transaction. I finally received a new sim card, and when I called to reactivate it, after many, many repeated numbers, I was told my credit card was refused. I called my bank and they said the credit card was OK. I called Net 10 customer service again and went through all the numbers again, and they again told me my card was refused. Since the problem was on their end, I ask them to solve the problem and call me back. I was handed off to other departments and was eventually told they wouldn't fix the problem or call me back. I'm changing service, loosing 175 minutes on my other phone, and having to buy two more phones. I've had trouble adding minutes in the past, and have never been able to get the web site to work correctly. The customer service is dismal, and has made the entire experience of dealing with them intolerable.

Damage Resulting:
Approximately $140 for new phones, and $17.50 in lost minutes..

Comments

• Ej
      22nd of Jan, 2010

You are lucky. At least you talked to somebody. As I write, I have been on hold since 11:16am. It is now 1:16pm. 2 hours! I have the speakerphone on and
    I am not expecting phone calls. Amazing! What keeps me going it the compute voice reassuring me that the next representative will be with me shortly.

• Pr
      27th of Mar, 2011

Not at all an unusual experience. Mine too was abysmal, and since I've begun talking about it to folks I know, it seems they can't, or won't, provide acceptable service to anyone.
    I hate you lost your airtime. I did manage to get mine moved to an old featureless phone that at least works and hopefully they don't kill it before my son and daughter in law use it up.

• Ca
      11th of Jul, 2012

find that bad wait till they shut your phone off cause your brother complained to them aout him missing phone miunues cause they made him wait too long. The thing is you are disabled and they shut it off and you needed that cell phone to call for an ambulance yet they haad turned the cell phone off without telling you they were going to do that. When someone runs a high fever they have to go to the hospital. Well they did that to me and then 2 days later after I was feeling a little better I had to try and walk which I limped more then anything and kept falling to turn the cell back in and then cause they had no more phones at walmart that I could use they sold me a different one from another company and now they refuse to give me back my phone number. They stole another 1000.00 from me within 3 months time. Took all my money cards and deleted my time from them and left me no time for those just bought. I had bought 4 25 dollar cards. 8 20 dollar cards. 2 different cell phones and one I got to return. I do not have this kind of money to blow on cell phones. I am going to get the government on their ### for almost causing my death by turning it off and not letting me have back my cell phone number with me being disabled this is not good. The temp outside has been well over a hundred and I am not suppose to be outside cause my Asthma acts up.

• Ca
      11th of Jul, 2012

I am disabled and you all cost me my life for turning off my cell phone thank you so much for not allowing me to call 911 by shutting my cell phone off. My phone number was 417 343 1038 I am going to report this with the Government cause it does become abuse on me. you all refused to give me back my phone number I have had for 10 years and shut my cell off. after I had a high fever you all shut it off this is wrong to do with someone whom could not call for help. Thankyou so much for me not being able to call an ambulance. I fell 18 times too. You all did not care that I spent alot on your cell phones and then you all treated me like ###. You all never gave me back all my minutes each time.
    You gave me ten minutes only one time. Yet I had spent over 1000.00 within 3 to almost 4 months.