Nedbank / empty promises and bad service

I went through the ordeal of doing an insurance claim for a burst geyser today. My initial impression was that the service from the Nedbank call centre on [protected] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [protected] end_of_the_skype_highlighting was quite good with messages being sent to me informing me that the plumbers had been notified and that they were on their way. Plumbers on call arrived and confirmed that the geyser had indeed seen it's last day. Before installation they wanted me to do an excess payment of R1000 which I did without any hesitation. They installed the geyser and told me that the electrician had been called upon them discovering that some of the wires were too short to connect. I noted it on their report and already started getting concerned. I then spoke to a number of people over the next couple of hours to try and escalate the issue. One lady Chantelle even said that they were a 24 hour service. At around 17h30 I phoned again to escalate as it had now been 3 hours since I had had spoken to the last incompetent person. A guy who had been programmed to say ' Sorry sir our services department will only be open again tomorrow ' kept on repeating himself after I blew my lid. No hot water and three kids to bath - Moving to FNB.

Comments

• Aa
      11th of Oct, 2010

Hello, everybody, the good shoping place, the new season approaching, click in. Let’s
    Facelift bar!