Natuzzi / Poor frame construction

We have owned a Natuzzi sectional sofa for 3.5 years and have had several broken frame components along the front and middle. The first time it broke, within one year of ownership, we had it repaired via the warranty. But recently realized that other parts of the frame have broken and so we removed the black covering underneath. After seeing how the frame was constructed I'm ashamed I didn't seek enough information before we made our purchase. The framing members are made from pine and particle board held together with glue and nails. NO SCREWS OR HARDWOOD are used in the construction of the frame. CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP! I'll never buy another one.

Gr

Comments

Feb 05, 2013

I just puchased a Natuzzi leather sectional. I am a general contractor that builds homes and commercial spaces. I know quality when I see it and understand the importance of not misrepesenting your services or products. Colders in Grafton Wisconsin did not properly explain the quality level of the framing construction. When someone buys a leather sofa, especially an italian made sofa, they expect with good cause that the frame be made at a level of quality that would be indicitave of the leather. Leather will last well over 10 years! This framing construction (and keep in mind before I was a general contractor I was a carpenter) is made of 'hardboard' which is nothiing more than compressed cardboard! And its only 1/8" thick!!! It broke within the first two months! The repair man just left and when he was here he told me that Natuzzi is junk and that he wouldnt even buy it himself! When I called the Colders store the manager called me a liar! I didnt dish out thousands of dollars for a sofa made of compressed cardboard regardless of how fancy the style and leather is! The style and the leather are only as good as the construction of the frame!