Multichoice / insurance claim
my email is email@example.com
Hope you can assist on this matter.
My Mother is a 70 year old pensioner. She was asked to enlist on an insurance option with Multichoice by phone conversation. The result of this is when she now need service on her broken unit, this is the response from Multichoice. Their excuse is that they do not have “new” stock to replace old stock. She never received any documentation and the policy was confirmed with only the phone conversation.
My questions on this matter
1 - Why was she not informed during the phone conversation that they would only replace it with a secondhand unit? She would not otherwise have accepted the policy since she already have theft and household insurance cover.
2- If after 3 years they cannot replace it with a new unit, why still receive the insurance fee?
3 – since when does insurance replace a faulty unit with a secondhand unit? If it is only the supplier doing the replacement, ok. But this is an insurance policy claim. Who is getting the benefit of the insurance fee?
Multichoice I believe made a misrepresentation of their services to my mother. Included on this my mother was not receiving the privilege to be informed on the policy agreement.
Below is the mail representing their answer on this matter.
Dear Mr Smit
Our telephone conversation on 29 November 2010 refers,
The decoder that Mrs JE Smit has is currently insured since 2 June 2008, this decoder, if found faulty will be replaced with a refurbished decoder of the same make and model.
Please find attached a Subscriber Agreement form, if you scroll down you will find the terms and condition of the Decoder Care contract.
Contact Centre- Customer Liaison
“MultiChoice Africa (Pty) Ltd is an authorized financial services provider. FSP license number 11514.” THINK GREEN - CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.
More Multichoice Complaints & Reviews
- Multichoice - account payments 
- Multichoice - multichoice not explaining true conditions of dstv explora price lock contract deal 
- DSTV - reconnection fees 
- Multichoice - dstv accounts
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - sexual activity on cartoon network 
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - pricelock - billing errors and frequent cutting of service
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - not receiving the monthly tv guide (book), chanal 183 being cancelled, repeat movies and programmes.
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - service excellence
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - suspended every other day
- MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - disconnections