MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / high bill

Middleburg, ZA

Please provide as much information as possible... I'm on compact with extra view (Acc [protected]) and normally my monthly payment is r430. This month when I check my payable amount on my cellphone it's r1167. I was supposed to pay today but I didn't coz of this high bill. I contacted customer care numerous times to find out why my bill is this high they tell me that my account was disconnected around the 10th of this month and when I called them to report the matter they broke the link between the decoders and they re-linked them that what caused the bill to climb to r1167 of which I wasn't told by then on the phone that this will cause my bill to go up. My decoders still didn't work so I took them to multichoice for testing and they told me the problem was with the primary decoder plug, I pay insurance for both decoders but they didn't give me a new plug I was told that plugs are not covered by insurance. I had to buy a new plug for the primary decoder that's when my decoders started working. When I call them to report this high bill they don't help me but they insist I must pay that amount (R1167) and they put me on hold until my airtime runs out. My services got disconnected today because was supposed to pay yesterday and I didn't, and don't intend to pay until I get good customer service. This is crook, how can my bill go from r430 to r1167 in one month? Because my last payment was on the 28th of february. This is poor service, the total amount of airtime i've spent on calling them is around r150 but still I don't get help. Even if you run out of airtime they don't call you back. If this is is the type of service i'm paying for i'd rather stay disconnected. I won't let multichoice crook me like this. I work hard for my money i'm not paying no r1167 for a compact package.

• Updated by BV Mnisi, Mar 29, 2017

I'm on compact with extra view(acc [protected]) and normally my monthly payment is R430. This month when I check my payable amount on my cellphone it's R1167. I was supposed to pay today but I didn't coz of this high bill. I contacted customer care numerous times to find out why my bill is this high they tell me that my account was disconnected around the 10th of this month and when I called them to report the matter they broke the link between the decoders and they re-linked them that what caused the bill to climb to R1167 of which I wasn't told by then on the phone that this will cause my bill to go up. My decoders still didn't work so I took them to multichoice for testing and they told me the problem was with the primary decoder plug, I pay insurance for both decoders but they didn't give me a new plug I was told that plugs are not covered by insurance. I had to buy a new plug for the primary decoder that's when my decoders started working. When I call them to report this high bill they don't help me but they insist I must pay that amount (R1167) and they put me on hold until my airtime runs out. My services got disconnected today because was supposed to pay yesterday and I didn't, and don't intend to pay until I get good customer service. This is crook, how can my bill go from R430 to R1167 in one month? Because my last payment was on the 28th of February. This is poor service, the total amount of airtime I've spent on calling them is around R150 but still I don't get help. Even if you run out of airtime they don't call you back. If this is is the type of service I'm paying for I'd rather stay disconnected. I won't let multichoice crook me like this. I work hard for my money I'm not paying no R1167 for a compact package.

Bv