MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVservice

I have been struggling with DSTV for more than a week. Apparently I was given an incorrect discount in April..I spoke to 3 supervisors... simone...which activated my decoder because I paid my premium and escalated it to the finance department, whom never called me regarding this. All this happened on the 28 or 29 of July. Sunday they disconnected my DSTV AGAIN!! I called and spoke to supervisor Vuyo..whom promised her manager would call me at 12h00. Which they never called me. I called this morning AGAIN and spoke to Ludwe whom advised that he will sort it out by end of business and even sent me an email. Ive been emailing him the whole day with no response. I called the call center and I was advised that all the managers and supervisors have left...which is [censored]! If this is the service you get from supervisors you should re-think about your management because it is pathetic! I dont knw what to do anymore to get my dstv activated as I already paid my premium.

• Da
      Daphney molf Aug 06, 2019

This is so disturbing honestly about how Multichoice treat clients. I dont think they have finance department cause they always say the finance department will call, and they dont at all. They dont heave reapect for clients at all.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVrefund

Good Day

I disconnected my DSTV decorder and called and requested that I will not be using DSTV. I was debited the same month. I called the call centre on the 22 Julu 2019 on the [protected] and I was given a reference number which was [protected]-c1 and I was promised that that my refund will be sent to me in 24 hours. I then called on the 01 August 2019 and I promised that the refund will be credited into my account in the next 48hrs. I called again today and I was given another reference number which was [protected]-CL-C2. I wish to put on record that I am utterly disappointed with service

My name is Clive Baloo
    My Cell Number is [protected]
    Email address is Clive.[protected]@ugu.gov.za

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVincorrect information given

Good Day

I called your contact centre yesterday to find out how much is due to pay for my service to be reconnected. And your automatic voice prompt inform me i must pay R230.00 i then clicked 9 to speak to a consultant and guess what she informed me the same. I asked her twice and she said yes.After getting in my car and going to pay my service is still blocked and i decide to call again and now i am being told a different story. Your calls are recorded right? I want my service active as you consultant provided me with wrong information. I work in costumer service and i know all about honoring a price

Please get back to me as i will escalate on social media platform

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv package change to exclude kyknet

Goeie dag DSTV,

As ʼn getroue klient van meer as 10 jaar van DSTV voel ek ontevrede en wil ʼn klagte lê oor die feit dat my huidige DSTV paket DSTV Select met KYKNET nie meer gaan bestaan van 29 Oktober 2019 af nie.

Dit wat my meer onstel is dat daar geen KYKNET op die nuwe paket (DSTV Family) sal wees waar julle my heen gaan skyf nie, die rede dat ek destyd die DSTV SELECT Paket gevat het is oor die KYKNET opsie wat ek kon gekies het.
        As ek KyKNET as ʼn kanaal na 29 Oktober 2019 wil kyk doong julle my om na ʼn ander paket toe te skyf. Finansieel is dit nie moontlik nie omdat die paket wat KYKNET beval dubbel is as die prys van my huidige DSTV Paket.

As julle klient vra ek julle om my huidige DSTV Paket wat KYKNET bevat teeen R265 uit te los,
        anders sal ek die besluit moet maak om julle as DSTV klient te verlaat,
        Sou ek en ander kliente met die selfde DSTV SELECT Paket en met die selfde rede ons DSTV paket beëindig sien ek ʼn groot verlies in inkomste vir julle DSTV.

Vriendelike Groete
        Mnr C Els

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVinstallation

I have purchased a decoder that comes with installation yesterday at Pep in Cosmo City Mall and I was told that it will be done yesterday and since then no one contacted me or install the decoder and I am unhappy with the service. I have sent the company 2 emails already and you keep saying 8 hours it will be resolved. I have been waiting for 24 hours already I don't like the service I am getting I need this to be resolved immediately.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVwhy is my mother overpriced so much

Stop exploiting our elders Multichoice. Your financial woes should not be implicates on defendless, unguarded local customers. You are over pricing my mother for a mistake that was internally created and you expecting my mother to be held liable for your incompetence. You shall not and you will never treat my mother as such. I better get a response ASAP or else we moving forward.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVgay related movies, tv soapies, drama or reality tv shows

Dear MultiChoice. I'm a premium subscriber. I would like to request that you reduce playing movies, tv series, drama that have gays! That is not good at all! I just cannot stand the sight. Almost every of my favorite channel I turn to, there's always gays! There is now a sudden rise in gay related movies, tv soapies, drama or reality tv shows. Please try and adjust this! I hate it!

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVactivation and payments

Multichoice stop abusing your customers.
                i called customer service for help they told me they'll log a complain since they cannot solve my issue and in 48 hours someone from multichoice will give me a call to solve my matter(that was 27th July) but till today 03 August they ddnt bother.

Fine
                I called them again yesterday 02 August for the total due payment, I was told R288, 79 including insurance, last month grace period access and activation. After making payment I asked the consultant to activate my service, surprisingly she told me that I still owe another R35 for activation. I challenged her based on her previous statements but she told me there's nothing she can do simply because she's at work, to avoid consuming my airtime for nothing I paid that amount but my service was not activated. I had to call them again for activation the Consultant now came with new excuse which was their system is down she cannot help me, then I had to be furious and challenged her statement based on all the calls I made since the 27th then she said please hold line I'll get back to you but she never came back till I hug up.

Honestly I'm angry.
                My service is still off and if we skip our payment due date you guys charge us but if your system it's down and we can't receive your service you guys does not refund us. Your customer service is poor

Therefore I demand answers.
                [protected]@gmail.com

multi choicebilling service

i have a compact dish with multi choice and im supposed to pay R399.00 plus R95.00 for extraview and my insurance at R29.50 and now i have a bill of R1172.00 . I called multi choice and i was put on hold for hours on several occasions. Case no c1 and c27. the lady i spoke to promised get the manager to call me back but she never did. now im told they will close the dish and charge me connection fee. im not sure with channel to take cause even at branch level i could not get help

gugu [protected]

Aug 02, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — poor customer service

i have been a long serving client of multi choice and never missed a payment You debit my account on the...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv account/payment errors

I recently reconnected my DSTV service. I received a notification in writing that R1007 was payable. I made that payment immediatle yet my service wasn't reconnected. I phoned the call centre and after a long 30 minutes on the phone the consultant managed to do the reconnection.
                    It is now exactly a week later and my service has suddenly been suspended to 'NON-PAYMENT'!!!
                    Once again I phoned the call centre and was told that now I had to pay R300+ in order to be reconnected. After another 20 minutes on the phone I was told that my account is being billed pro rata and the amount increases every day. I asked to speak to the manager and was put on hold; after 15minutes of waiting I put the phone down, phoned again and asked a different operator to connect me to the manager. She told me that the manager was unavailable but that I will be called back. It is now 8 hours later and I have heard nothing from them. Their 'self help' app doesn't allow me to sort this problem out either.

I am frustrated beyond words. No one at DSTV cares!

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVservice disconnected.

Friday 26th july 2019 I called in to request a package downgrade. After everything was done I was total that I needed to pay an amount of R456 for this month, which I was told to be a prorated amount because I was downgrading my package. When I got to the store to make a payment, I was told that my amount due was R528. I really love to know from were this amount magically appeared? I made payment of R456, which was my amount due for the month. Today I receive a sms telling me that I owe dstv R72 and my service will be disconnected if I dont pay the amount. So I guess the quoted amount by the consultant holds no value and they are dumb and cant read amounts of their computer screens or is that dstv is all about escalating their prices to rob customers . I'm not William to pay any more money for this month, so please rectify this issue

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVpayment and disconnection

Hi.. i upgraded to a premium level on Friday the 26 July 2019 around 18:15/ 18:20. The lady i spoke to informed me that the amount of R920 will be deducted from my account on the debit order date which is 28th. Now, R613 was deducted and i tried calling in to ask as i received your sms but your long que ended up discontinuing my calls. Now i have been disconnected and sent an sms with a balnce of R433.00 whereas i use a Debit order facility with Dstv payments. I cannot use your app for payment as it says log-in failed. And cannot be expected to pay the extra fee as it was not my fault for the wrong amount deducted. Kindly deduct the balance needed to cover the premium fee and reconnect me please. I was told that i was caller 142 on the que today...

Aug 01, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — dstv call center provided incorrect information to me

Good day i called the call center and asked if my brother in Namibia could buy a decoder for me. it was a...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv

I got 3 bills 20 June I owe R210 this is correct then I got to store to pay they tell me 27 June R1175.71 how on earth did they get to this amount I called on Monday 29 June the agent told me R210 is the correct amount and R1175.71 was a error on dstv side, Wednesday I got to the store again they tell me R444.00 I called the call centre today spoke to the supervisor Betty Nyathi WHO ONLY APOLOGISED FOR DSTV ERROR AND SAID i MUST PAY THE R444.00 because of the auditors, How are we liable for dstv error or voucher they offered in March or April? Anele Mciki...manager promoised a call back still nothing, no email no communication basically saying they cant help with dstv error the customer must pay! If I dont pay today they will disconnect me and then charge me reconnection fee!!! daylight robbery they have so many facebook complaints staying the same.

• Updated by gsbv · Aug 01, 2019

I got 3 bills 20 July I owe R210 this is correct then I got to store to pay they tell me 27 July R1175.71 how on earth did they get to this amount I called on Monday 29 July the agent told me R210 is the correct amount and R1175.71 was a error on dstv side, Wednesday I got to the store again they tell me R444.00 I called the call centre today spoke to the supervisor Betty Nyathi WHO ONLY APOLOGISED FOR DSTV ERROR AND SAID i MUST PAY THE R444.00 because of the auditors, How are we liable for dstv error or voucher they offered in March or April? Anele Mciki...manager promoised a call back still nothing, no email no communication basically saying they cant help with dstv error the customer must pay! If I dont pay today they will disconnect me and then charge me reconnection fee!!! daylight robbery they have so many facebook complaints staying the same.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVnot refunded for 2 year period, deposited money to namibia account instead of rsa account

I made a payment to MultichoiceNamibia account instead of south Africa account and I sent the proof of payment to [protected]@dstv.co.za (callled [protected]) from the 29th of January 2018 till today 01/08/2019 no one has actually resolved the issue.

Bad thing is, after long communications, sending proof till today i haven't received the refund.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVcan not downgrade my package

**** service from Multi Choice, i phoned them today to downgrade to a cheaper package as we can not afford the Premium package at this stage, the guy told me i have to pay R983.00 first as my service has been suspended and he can only downgrade after i made the payment of R983.00 as their system don't allow him to change anything, my freaking whole point is that we can not afford that money now, so they basically like forcing you to pay for the full package first and then they can downgrade your package, not everyone can afford the premium package DSTV!!!. NOT HAPPY WITH DSTV RIGHT NOW, they will continue to lose customers.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVunjust debit for two months

Good day

I have 2 subscriptions, of which one was cancelled on the 9'th June 2019. I pay in advance, so from the 20'th of May 2019 - 20 June 2019 was paid for. On the 10'th June 2019 I called the call centre, who confirmed cancellation. I was told that I would be credited for June 2019. Yet the full amount was debited. I called again and complained to no avail. The best part is that I got debited again for the full amount in July 2019.

I have been calling and been given a different story. I have also spoken to an incompetent manager who assured me that the issue will be resolved.

I then called to follow up on the 26'th July 2019. I was assured that I would be paid back the funds into my account. A week later I called now and spoke to another incompetent person, who has given me a different route of resolution. I should now e-mail proof of payments. And there are no managers

Ridiculous is an understatement.

I was given this reference. [protected]-C1

Regards
                                Kos Chetty
                                [protected]

Jul 31, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — installing my explora with wifi

Good Day I am fuming, honestly either your employees are not fully trained or service are just bad if i must...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVchannels not working

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like lodge an official complaint about the manner in which the service is being offered to us as clients. I have two decoders, so on Thursday last week (25/07/2019) I upgraded one of them from access to compact and since then problems started, the service decided to close my decoder and upgraded a wrong decoder. I am made calls during the day on Thursday spending costly airtime to try and request for the problem to be resolved this did not happen.

On Friday same think happened I kept on getting agents who said everything is fine on their side.

On Saturday I took the matter to one of the multi-choice -DSTV offices and they made me wait while resolving the problem, after a long wait the matter was said to have been resolved. I got home looking forward to watch my channels with my family, to my surprise the problem was not resolved.

On Monday (29/07/2019) I made a call to say the problem has not been resolved, and this time the problem was half resolved in that the compact package was now playing on the correct decoder, but the decoder that was working was also cancelled and now not working anymore.

This is still the situation right now, I need urgent attention.

My customer number is : [protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices