MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / bad service

1 South Africa

I am one of those people shutting down my account with DSTV for their lack of good service amongst other things.

Recent matter that has pushed me over the cliff is the bad service with my refund issue with them. I accidentally paid 12000 instead of 1200 and immediately when I realised I called DSTV who refered me to my bank. Called bank and was told the only people who can reverse this was multichoice themselves. I called multi choice and was told to submit ID copy, Proof of Payment and Banking details Confirmation. I provide these on email. This all happened on the 4th Feb 2019.

I got no email respond to confirm receipt of requested documents I sent. I subsequently follow up after two days, and I am told they now was another document for them to process my refund. I oblidged. Then this week again I now get the first communication sent by DSTV saying they now was my bank statement. For have sake I did not take any credit with Multichoice, bank statements are sensitive stuff to be shared to just anyone especially seeing that I am not asking them for credit. Non the less I gave them that bank statement.

Again the only response I got was we are busy processing your refund. No date given of when do I expect my money back.

Apart from these repeats we are bomberded with, lack of new content, lack of Multichoice being inline with the rest of its pay TV competitors (Netflix ETC) one was supporting the company as South African based company. But I am sorry I am moving to streaming services as of immediately.

I cant see myself supporting a company that offers such poor services anymore. Let my fibre line work for me, and besides its much cheaper for me to go that route.

St