Mr Tire / engine ruined

1 New Castle, DE, United States Review updated:

On march 7th 2009 I took my 2003 Cheverolet Impala into a Mr Tire location in New Castle De. to get 4 new tires and a front end alignment. I have been using them for years and never had a problem until now...I bought this car brand new and it has never had even 1 problem the whole time I have owned it...this was the first time I was having any real work done on the car, and this was only to get new tires and an alignment...while my car was in their shop they looked for other things that could possibly be wrong...so they could try to make more money as any mechanic will try to do...they checked my belts, hoses, fluids ect and gave me advice on what to have done...any way after I paid $443.43 for my tires and alignment, I left to go home...on my way home my car mysteriously overheated and damaged my cylinder heads...when I called them and asked them what they did to my car, they denied doing anything...From what I can summize, is they did a pressure check on my coolant system and put air into my engine. Then they forgot to bleed the air out and caused my engine to overheat...now I have to pay $1, 553.00 to fix my engine because of their error...I contacted the shop, their rude customer service people and wrote a letter to the President of the company with no luck on them fixing their mistake...DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLES TO MR TIRE FOR ANYTHING...THE PARENT COMPANY IS MONROE MUFFLER INC...DON'T USE THEM EITHER...MAKE SURE YOU STEER CLEAR UNLESS YOU WANT To BREAK DOWN AFTERWARDS>>>>>

Do

Comments

30th of Aug, 2009

On a lighter note: MARK YOUR TIRES before having them rotated under the "lifetime rotation" policy at Mr Tire. Twice now at the Riesterstown MD store they haven't been rotated when requested. In the future I am going to tell the Manager I have marked them, maybe this will avoid me wasteing my time pointing it out to them after they say it's been done.