Mr Rooter / scheduling/extended service plan

Ypsilanti, MI, United States Review updated:

I wish I would have found this site sooner- we were so ripped off by Mr. Rooter. we paid extra for an extended service plan which gave us priority scheduling and discounts on service.
I called and scheduled for a plumber to come at 5 PM. on Friday. (The person who answered said because of our extended plan we got priority scheduling...)
At 7:30 PM they called and said they'd have to come Saturday morn- I asked for the first appointment- they said fine and scheduled me for 9 AM. At 10:15 AM I called when no plumber has shown up yet- They said the technician was still on his first visit at 8 AM- (!?) still no-one showed up- 11:15 AM I cancelled.
PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!
-ALSO- Reed's Sewer and Drain came to the rescue- did a great job- (FOR 1/2 the price of Mr. Rooter with the supposed Discount!!!)
MR.ROOTER IS A RIP-OFF!!!

Comments

• Mr
      3rd of May, 2010

Hi Maria, We are sorry to hear of your experience. We want to make sure all of our customers have a good experience with our company. Please contact our customer service manager if you would like to speak directly with someone at our corporate office. Carrie would be happy to assist you. Her number is (254) 745-2436. Sincerely, Mr. Rooter Corporation

• Sm
      8th of Aug, 2012

Definitely a rip off. I am also in Ypsilanti, MI. Our basement toilet backed up so we called a number of plumbers and Mr. Rooter was able to come out the quickest. The tech did do a good job of snaking the drain and removing some roots but we were way overcharged...and the toilet was broken (literally broken) in the process. We had them come back out a few days later because there was still a bit of water coming out. The tech went in with a camera and told my wife that the pipe was broken and quoted us $4500 to replace it. We decided to get another plumber to do the work...the second plumber quoted us $2300...almost HALF what Mr. Rooter said it would cost. Needless to say, we hired the second plumber. Here is where the story gets really good...the second plumber didn't run a camera because we told him that Mr. Rooter already did so and they said it was broken and had to come out. When the plumber that we hired got all the concrete and dirt out and pulled up the pipe...he found that it was completely intact. Yep...intact...thanks Mr. Rooter for costing me a ton of money for nothing. It's hard enough trying to make ends meet without big companies trying to rip you off. I will never hire Mr. Rooter for anything again and will tell all my friends about this experience so they don't make the same mistake we did.