Morrisons / food to order - unacceptable service

1 Whitehaven, England, Cumbria, United Kingdom

I am writing to complain about my very unpleasant experience in your store this Dec when collecting my food to order. My order number was CO-355377 and I was due collect it on Sunday 24th Dec and my collection slot was 12:30 1pm.

I arrived in store at 12:15 and joined the queue, as I approached the front of the queue at approx. 1:40pm a member of staff took my name to process my order.
By 2pm I was at the front of the queue at the customer service desk and was still waiting. I noticed that customers behind me were being given their orders and I was still waiting. I pointed out to a member of your staff that I was still waiting and people behind me were getting served before me. She apologized and said she would follow it up. She returned to say the warehouse staff were still printing off my order and then it would be processed and brought to me. This was at approx. 2:15pm and at this point I had been waiting for 2 hours. Then a member of staff noticed I was still waiting at the front of the queue and she also said she would follow-up my order. She returned to say it was being processed, and still I waited and I had counted that 15 people behind me had been served before me. I then spoke to the store manager and explained my situation, I told him this was totally unacceptable and his system for dealing with Food to Order was clearly not working, the customers were waiting and unacceptable time and the poor staff were run ragged and where under a lot of pressure. I told the manager I would be putting in a formal compliant and I was advised it would be best to write to head office hence this Letter. I finally received my order at 2:30pm, but to my dismay an item I'd ordered was not available so a substitute was given to me free of charge.

I should explain that the reason I decided to use your Food to Order service was to make things easy for me as I am disabled with a serious heart and lung condition, and as result of the experience in your store and the amount of standing I had to do along with the cold I endured while at the front of the queue as it was at the front door of the shop, resulted in me feeling very unwell and to be quite frank it spoiled my Christmas. I therefore request to be compensated in some manner for the horrible trauma and subsequent ill health caused by this awful experience.

Regards