Monitronics / Unauthorized billing, failure to stop service
I canceled the service when we moved; they continued to draw payment from bank account for two months. When I called, they requested a faxed cancellation letter, which I sent. They continued to draw money from my account for three more months. My bank agreed this was unauthorized and stopped all further payments. They then keep billing me...
UPDATE... after being on hold interminably, Clay Barker, a retention supervisor, finally agreed to zero out my account. He acknowledged that they did not cancel the service as they should. This was call #7 to them from me, with probably 20 calls from them for collection purposes left on my answering machine.
Bad company!!! Very poor business practices. Stay away from Monitronics! (By the way, their product was not good either. Their machinery kept breaking down.)
More Monitronics Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International - security system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa
- Monitronics - I am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.
- Monitronics - security. refund. or 2 years free.
- Monitronics - I called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!
- Monitronics - home security