Monitronics / Unauthorized billing, failure to stop service

I canceled the service when we moved; they continued to draw payment from bank account for two months. When I called, they requested a faxed cancellation letter, which I sent. They continued to draw money from my account for three more months. My bank agreed this was unauthorized and stopped all further payments. They then keep billing me...

UPDATE... after being on hold interminably, Clay Barker, a retention supervisor, finally agreed to zero out my account. He acknowledged that they did not cancel the service as they should. This was call #7 to them from me, with probably 20 calls from them for collection purposes left on my answering machine.

Bad company!!! Very poor business practices. Stay away from Monitronics! (By the way, their product was not good either. Their machinery kept breaking down.)

Comments

• Li
      13th of Jul, 2007

I have had problems with monitronics too. I will never use them again or refer to them to my friends or neighbors. I have called them five times trying to change my password. No one will help me. In fact I found out tonight that I don't have a password in record. When my alarm went off tonight, a false alarm I tried to tell them that it was a false alarm, but they wouldn't listen to me and sent the police anyways. Don't use Monitronics!