Brinks Home Security Logo

Brinks Home Security

Having problems with Brinks Home Security?

Brinks Home Security Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 447 9239 (Customer Service)
+1 855 910 7980 (Sales & New Service)
+1 800 595 2059 (Dealer Relations)
+1 469 513 8685 (Text Only)
1990 Wittington Pl.
Sat6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SunClosed
Written Correspondence
MONI, PO Box 814530, Dallas, TX 75381-4530

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brinks Home Security Customer Service. Initial Brinks Home Security complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brinks Home Security above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brinks Home Security. Discuss the issues you have had with Brinks Home Security and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Brinks Home Security Complaints & Reviews

MonitronicsDo not buy

I felt taken advantage by this company. I was pregnant and exhausted and the sales person advised I could extract myself out of this contract for a nominal fee should we install this security system. It is my fault for not reading the fine print. Turns out we were contractually obligated to pay the monthly fee or pay the lump sum of the 5 yrs upfront regardless if we kept the service or not. After stuck in a 5 year contract, I called to finally cancel the system. Now they stated that they will have to bill me one more cycle... I called to cancel the day after my last bill. They have done everything to squeeze every penny from the consumer and further more their equipment is faulty- it set off on its own, random beeping that would wake us at night- finally we had to disconnect it. Disappointed, as one that had ADP for years to compare, this service is not worth the headache. I am glad to be free of these thieves.

• Dz
      Dzan Feb 01, 2015

Faulty product and worst customer service ever! This cheap system they installed a year ago fails constantly. Instead of fixing their system and standing behind their product, I am told I have to pay for an upgraded system. Then when trying to talk to their customer service about this they just hang up on me!

• Wi
      Williebobo77 Jan 10, 2015

Monitronics is full of BS...their Technician left a hole in my wall...I called and complained they did nothing about it...I had a 3 yr contract that ended Jan 2015...called to cancel the try to talk me out of it with smart ### mouthed folk who are idiots...3 times I called only to be disrespected even my damn contract is up...ok let's play ball. So I had my wife fax a letter of cancellation to corporate office then have her put a stop payment on ATM to these jokers since I am no longer under contract they want to keep billing me month to month...we got the last laugh on them...Corporate calls and leaves a message that they got the fax and for us to call some Executive ...think I did ! Guess again as Donald Trump would say " You are fired"! It only cost $25 to stop payment or gave your ATM card considered list or stolen and get a new one issued...for a minimal charge and your nightmares are OVER!

• Ob
      obiwanjohn Jan 16, 2012

This company does not work with the customers. Want to cancel service due to a resent move and are not getting anywhere with them. Definately do not recommend this service to anyone! Bad customer service.

• Nn
      NNN1 Oct 05, 2010

Same complaint I read many times on this site, after 40 months decided to cancel. Must be done by mail they did not specify this when I spoke to their Rep. I will send my notice certified and request a reciept. Thanks to the "WHINERS" as some one referred to all of us "Happy Customers"

Monitronics — Still billing after cancellation

I cancelled my account in July 2013 after five years of service. I submitted the cancellation request in...

MonitronicsRun away

I signed up for this service in 2011 for three years. They didn't explain to me that if I ever sale my house I still will be obligated to pay until contract is over. When I sold my house and called asking for canceling service hoping to pay cancellation fees, they told me they will charge me the full amount for all three entire years, like they will holding you as a HOSTAGE and secure you only ### you got after all! Don't go for this, otherwise you are stuck there until your nightmare with them is over. They told me even if you serve your country oversees they still will BILL you because all they want is YOUR MONEY not the service, and they will get it one way or another regardless you dead or alive.

• MONI Smart Security Feb 27, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to notify me about your concerns with your service. I have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Please accept my sincere apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, I really appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and I will love to get this issue resolved for you. Please provide me with your account information or your contact number? So I can research your account and follow up with you

I can be reached at [protected] from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If I am unavailable, please leave a voicemail message so that I may return your call promptly.

David Sodiende

Executive Response

Monotronicstext messages - not a customer!

Not even a customer of Monotronics and I receive CONSTANT texts from this company about different alarms around someones house not working properly. Have contacted them several times over the past 7 months even giving them the User name of their actual customer as he signed in before and I received a text letting me know his mlog in was SUCCESSFUL! I find it hard to believe this company can consider themselves an actual secutiy company when I, a total stranger, am receiving personal information about their paying customer! Pathetic!

Monitronics — Cancellation

I suggest anyone trying to cancel Monitronics; send a certified letter of intent with signature. Then either...

Monitronicsscam artists

I signed a 39 month contract for security services with Pinnacle Security on August 9, 2008. That contract was fulfilled in full on schedule, despite changing hands to various other companies more than once. Monitronics was the last company holding the contract. Not being happy at the high monthly fee we were being charged, my husband called Monitronics and asked for a lower rate. They did give us a slightly lower rate, but not one we were particularly happy with. We continued to pay them, but when we had an opportunity to do business with a different company, my husband called Monitronics on 5/15/2012 to cancel their service. They insisted we were under a contract and told us we had to pay them $348.98. I HAVE NEVER SIGNED A SECOND CONTRACT AND HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY NOTIFICATION OF A CONTRACT EXTENSION AGREEMENT IN THE MAIL. When the original contract was signed, I was led to believe that once my initial obligation was over we would be free to drop their service if we so chose. They have proven to be scam artists and have stolen my money and I want it back! I was aghast to see how many similar complaints have been made about this company's practices.

• Ho
            Holly Grove Dec 17, 2013

File a lawsuit against them, and let them know you mean business. If your contract terms has been completed -- there isn't any legal action they can take against you; however, you can take legal action against them for extortion.

• MONI Smart Security Jul 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to contact Monitronics about your concern. My Name is David Sodiende and I’m with the Resolutions Department here at Monitronics. I am sorry to hear that you have been receiving unsolicited telemarketing phone calls. I understand your frustration and want to help resolve your issue. I assure you that Monitronics is an alarm monitoring company only and does not sell, install or service alarm systems. Monitronics is not responsible for any telemarketing acts or omissions in relation to sales installation or service. Please contact me at [protected] for additional assistance.

marion hatcher Jul 23, 2013

these people are calling me 1 to 2x aday, with that message, about a free system. this is NOT telemarketing, this is harassment. I have told several times I have an A.D.T. for about 8 mo. now. but they still continue to call, and they just hang up while I am talking, they are rude. this is a tacky way of doing business.

chris parks Dec 29, 2012

David i seen your same post on another site saying you are sorry about the issues that people are having with Monitronics seems like you copy and paste every comment. This information has helped me make up my decisions regarding what security company to chose from and Monitronics isnt one of them. ADT has a way better customer based and positive reviews about their service. David please stop acting like you care or you can make things all better for all the people that have encountered problems with Monitronics the american people deserve better service than what Monitronics claims they can provide. Im going to put my familys safety in ADTs hands.

• MONI Smart Security Aug 24, 2012

Monitronics Cares
            Hi my name is David Sodiende with the Corporate Office of Monitronics. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your account. I understand your concerns and I want work with you to get this issue resolved. Please call my office at [protected] from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time.

Monotronics Home Security SystemHarresment

Two sales people from Monitronics came by my home about two years ago and convinced my husband to let them install a free alarm system into our home. They said everything would be free except for a small monthly fee. My husband was very ill at the time and he agreed to let them install it just to get rid of them. About a year later our home underwent major renovations by the VA to make it handicap accessible to accommodate my husbands medical needs. At the time of the renovations the contractor disconnected and removed all of the alarm equipment. I continued to pay the monthly fee, even though it had been removed and never replaced, for approximately 9 more months. In January of 2011 my husband passed away due to chemicals he was exposed to in the Marine Corps during the Viet Nam war. I called Monitronics and informed them that my husband had passed away and I could send them a copy of the death certificate. But, they informed me that wasn't necessary. I was told that just because he had died and the equipment was disconnected and removed I would still have to continue to pay them until 2014. They have been calling my home now everyday, 5 an 6 times a day and sending me threatening notices in the mail for the past several months. I finally had my home phone disconnected, but somehow they obtained my cell number and have been harassing me on my cell everyday. I have explained the situation several times to them and told them that Tom passed away over a year ago. It is going on 2 years since the alarm system was disconnected and removed. I am a widow of 42 years of marriage with a physically challenged teenage son without a father. I have to deal with major situations daily and I don't need the additional added stress of having this unwanted harassment ----- can you help me with this matter?

• Rk
              rkindorf Feb 28, 2012

Sadly they wil win

madwoman78 Feb 09, 2012

Contact your state's Attorney General's Office and file a complaint. You may be able to do this online. Also contact the Better Business Burea. Put your complaint on every website you can find.

Monitronics Security — Theft Coverage

On Nov 20, 2011 at 10:53 I received a call from Monitronics stating that there was a Burglary Alarm going off...

MonitronicsWon't stop billingme

Monitronics has got to be the absolutely most frustrating and dishonest company in the United States. I have been trying to cancel their service for one entire year. I started with a phone call which they managed to deflect because I wasn't certain of my password. They sent me my password and I attempted to cancel again. I was assured it would be cancelled but they continued to send me bills. My wife paid them because she felt the service was still being provided. I then faxed them and still received a bill. I then mailed them a letter; still a bill. I finally decided the only way to get their attention was to NOT pay the bill. That did receive a response. They agreed to stop sending me a bill, if I'd pay another month. In order to hopefully stop I paid them. Guess what, I got another bill. I ignored it and received another bill the next month. FINALLY, the day after Thanksgiving I called again and they claim to have zeroed out my account, cancelled it and will send me a zero balance statement next month. Let's see what happens.
            This company sucks. I plan on posting this on every single alarm review site I can find on the internet.

• MONI Smart Security Jul 11, 2012

Hi my name is David Sodiende with the Corporate Office of Monitronics. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your account. I understand your concerns and I would like to speak with you regarding any and all issues you may be having with your account. Please call my office at [protected] from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time.

• Ob
                obiwanjohn Jan 16, 2012

I'm experiencing the same level of frustration trying to cancel my service due to a current move. I agree with of lack of customer support. Never again will I use this service provider AGAIN!!!

MonotronicsPOOR SERVICE

The worst company ever to deal with. I got a 3 year contract with service only for 5 months. They have not provided service for the last 10 months and everyday we call them they want to extend our contract and pay $300 more for a new gadget. They do not negotiate I don't want this STUPID service and have the Alarm go on in the middle of the night. PLEASE NEVER EVER WORK WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU ARE BETTER OFF GETTING SOMEONE RIPP YOU OFF BY HAVING A ROBBERY AT YOUR HOUSE THEN HAVING THESE GUYS RIPP YOU OFF EVERY MONTH. I AM WILLING TO TALK TO ANYBODY TO HAVE THEM REALIZE HOW THEY WILL RIPP YOU OFF.

• Re
                  Reviewer78330 Sep 25, 2015

Contract was cancelled last march when contract was up, they are still harassing me for payments twice a day, they absolutely are the worst DO NOT EVER USE!!!

• Rk
                  rkindorf Feb 28, 2012

I worked for one of their dealers. It was never ever clear, were we a distributer, dealer or did we represent Monotronics. Either way, it was slap the system in, before the customer changes their mind.

Platinum /MonitronicsBuyer Beware, Selling Scam

Was approached by sales people who I thought were from GE (electric) and was advised they were giving away three free security service as they were now equiped to do alarm services in our neighborhood. Was advised they were giving away three free sercurity services as long as you kept the advertizement sign in the yard. Could cancel at anytime but if I did they would come remove the sign from the yard. They advised that I would have to pay the monitoring fee but it was only $30 a month and again I could cancel at anytime. The way they pitched it was like I was the sponsor (i was th lucky one) for the neighborhood to gain them more business. Well long story short, system doesn't work, my monthly bill is $51 and when I tried to cancel they said I was locked in for 5 years. The salesmen told me that the Price was locked in for 5 years not the I was locked in. I was told numerous times during the presentation that I could cancel at anytime. I should have read through the lengthy contract and not been so easily believing that I had been the chosen one.. I was the one taken. I've tried to cancel numerous times, told them to come pickup the equipment, they refuse. Don't fall for their scam. This is a 3k mistake... They hold everyone to the contract and there doesn't seem to be anyway out of it. When I signed the contract I was told it was with Platnium and that it was the Security Division of GE. I get my bill ant it's Monitronics but yet I'm still obligated to pay?? I don't think it is right or fair. I don't know how these sales people or this company sleeps at night. There should be a class action on this company and they should not be allowed to do business. I would be interested to see how many people they have sent to the credit bureau but yet they are the scammers...

Platinum Protection MonitronicsShady business practices, terrible customer service, unauthorized charges

Approached by a shady looking gentleman while out in front with my family. Offered a 'free' home security system in exchange for placing two Platinum Protection security signs with LED lights in the front and the back of our house. Their reasoning for this was advertisement on a busy street, so I happily obliged at the opportunity to protect my family. After jumping through some hoops on the phone for about 30 minutes, eventually they get me approved for my 'free' security system.

Fast forward to 2 years after installation, somewhat happy with my experience so far. Economic times start getting rough on us, so a period comes and passes where we are unable to provide payment to Platinum Protection, and I make this known to them via phone. Everything seems ok, right? Wrong. Fast forward now to the 3rd month when I call in to make a payment for the previous two months + the third, I am put on hold after a representative picks up, only to be transferred to another representative, stating that my account had been placed with collections, in the amount of what was past due, totalling roughly $80 for the two months I had missed, but now I am told that they are also collecting for the future 3 years remaining on the contract, as well as all of the equipment provided to me, totalling a little under $3000.

I explained the situation, they were unsympathetic and told me there was nothing further that could be done.
                  Being in the situation we were in, at this point it was better to file the charges Platinum was demanding through my Chapter 7 I was completing. Keep in mind I had full intention on paying this company back and continuing their services, as I was quite happy thus far.

I call today to request a new sign as one of mine had cracked, no big deal. I call them up, am placed on hold, and then told my account was no longer being monitored due to being sent to collections, and then filed through Chapter 7.

Shady, SHADY business with terrible customer service. These guys could care less about anyone as long as they're lining their own pockets with ridiculous charges to their trusting customers.

STEER WIDE AND CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!

MonitronicsTERRIBLE!!!

Most alarm companies provide terrible service, but Monitronics is absolutely the worse. After using 2 other larger companies, I thought going with a smaller one like Monitronics would be better, but I was wrong. Terrible system, terrible customer service, deceiving rates, and I caught one of their account resolution people calculating my bill wrong twice. She knew she was incorrect, but did not even apologize. They hire incompetent people which should tell you about their service. Here's a example, I purposely set off my alarm once a month for testing...it took them at least 6 mins to call me back. 6 mins!!! Imagine if this was your home. Would you be happy if it took 6 mins for your monitoring service to call you back once the alarm went off. 6 mins!!! WTF!!! See for yourself if you don't believe me.

• Ka
                        Kat_tri Jun 03, 2011

I am still waiting for a call after my fire alarm went off for 35 minutes...that was 7 months ago.

MonitronicsPhone contract agreement scam

Called to ask for a quote on upgrading a former system, and the equipment and monthly charges associated with that upgrade. Asked for a contract to be mailed to me, which it was... With a bill for the service that I supposedly verbally agreed to reactivating which I did not. Basically they took it upon themselves based on my phone call requesting a QUOTE, to reactivate service. then when we called to inform them of the error, they insisted that I had actually agreed to the reactivation and tried to say that we were responsible for the bill. After being put in a very rude loop of hold time and people with attitudes it was decided that they would cancel the fraudulent contract. It's a phone scam just like every other fraudulent company out there, do not even call them for a quote unless you feel like having a bill sent to you for something you did not actually sign up for!

Monitronics SecurityHarassing phone calls

I and my family have been recieving harassing phone calls from our land line by phone number [protected] and occasionally [protected] which are linked to Monitronics Security in Texas. Before these phone calls, I have never heard of this company. Also, I have had my phone number for many years. They (Monitronics) have been calling several times a day for the past month, always on a week day and during working hours. I screen all my calls so the answering machine tells them who is at the residence, yet they never leave a message... except to let the phone ring and wake our baby. When I do pick up they ask for a "Bert" who I tell them doesn't use this phone. I have asked them to not call this number several times, but they still keep calling. My number is on the national "Do Not Call Registry" but this doesn't seem to deter them. Also, through my land line phone service, I have a phone blocking feature that is ineffective for these numbers. Further action is pending on my part if they continue to persist in their harassment. As with any company, I would think very carefully before doing any business with these people.

Monitronics — Cancellation of Service

I signed a 3 year contract for Monitronics service through Secutiry One Alarm company on 7 July 2007. The...

Monitronicsharassment after canceling account

These people scare me. I was with them for 5 + years. When I tried to cancel my account, they used some scare tactics on the phone, he also said I could transfer it to a friend/family member, I haven't been on a contract for years, I was taken aback by both the scare tactics and the suggestion that I transfer the account to a friend, (really, are you kidding me) then thought wow if I ever get another alarm service, it won't be monitronics, I was told I needed to send a letter, so I sent a letter in December canceling my service. It is now late March, and they won't stop harassing me by phone, both land and cell #'s. I'm not sure if my only option is a lawsuit, or how to stop the harassment.

• MONI Smart Security Jul 11, 2012

Monitronics Cares

MonitronicsI didn't get what I was supposed to

I called GE something or other to have an alarm system installed which was a sub contractor of Monitronic Alarm Co. I live in a river bottoms of a large river and have intermittent phone service so I asked if they had a system that worked off a cell phone. They told me that yes they did and that they had a Simon XT system that would be compatible with that. The Installer came out and installed the main system in the front house and only a door sensor in my apartment and I'm the one paying for the system. I asked him where the control pad was for my door that I was supposed to get and he said that I didn't need one that the little key fob with the four buttons on it was all I needed. After three months they were cooking something in the front house and the smoke alarm set it off. They couldn't remember how to turn it off till they called and asked me. I immediately called Monitronics to cancel the alarm and they told me that they never got one. After talking to them we figured out that not only did they not give me a keypad for my apartment, they also didn't install the cellular communicator to call out wirelessly. I asked the lady at Monitronics about it and she said it wasn't in my contract. So neither did they give me a keypad but also no way of calling dispatch. That was to whole point behind getting the Simon XT unit was because of that. I now have a very expensive smoke alarm! They wanted another $350 for the GSM cellular communicator. I checked the price on the internet for it and it's 199.95 so it does cost almost as much as the Simon XT deluxe package of $284.95 which includes the Main console, power transformer, 24 hour backup battery, pet immune motion sensor, 3 wireless door/window transmitters and 4 button remote plus misc wiring. The wireless smoke detector also costs $82.50 so the way I figure it for three years thats $1, 512 minus 367.45 for parts and that leaves 1144.55 for installation and to monitor for 3 years. Like I said that's a pretty expensive smoke alarm! Don't trust these people especially being they don't give you a copy of the contract!

• Be
                                Betty C Hampton Apr 28, 2013

I contracted with isi alarms o1/24/13 the month of february was suppose to be free. monitronic alarm attempted to deduct a payment the first of march 2013 the first payment wasnt due until march 24, 2013 in the amount of $54.95 but on march 24, 2013 $77.49 was taken out of my account .it appears that this monitoring company charged a fee because the money wasnt there the first of march due to their misunderstanding of the billing date they are going to make me responsille for their mistake. i want my money in the amount of $32.54 returned to my account. i am not going to remain a customer if i have to continue stress out because of your errors. on march 22, 2013 i spoke to a person name Barry and he assured me that this would be taken care of. my name is Betty C Hampton 28872 Del Monte Drive Sun City, Ca 92586 Phone Number is [protected] (C) [protected]

MonitronicsStay away

They made me pay for 3 years in advance when I wanted to cancel my alarm because I am moving, over a thousand dollars! I wasn't happy with the service or system, the window sensors — which they glue on — come loose through use of window and heat of sun exposure. We've had too many false alarms, bad customer service, and it wasn't cheap to begin with. I've had the technicians over an exhausting amount of times to fix what was a brand new system.

They have you locked in for 5 years or more, and you can transfer the bad service and system, by ripping it out of the wall and windows of the old house, which I am sure the new home owner will appreciate! Or you can beg the new home owner to take over your account!

MonitronicsNegligent Consumers!!!!

All of you people are complaining about cancelling service, collection calls, an faulty equipment...first off if you thoroughly read your contracts before signing rather than behaving like a child at Christmas due to all the free equipment maybe you wouldv'e seen that fine print of 36 month contract. Which you had already been informed of from the technician over the phone before the installation department even came to your house! Which I know for a fact cause I work for the sales department!!! As for collection calls...you get those from not paying your bill. Just like credit card companies do as well. If you'd pay your bill which you agreed to in the first place...you wouldn't get called. So pay your bills!!! Take responsibility for yourselves an stop bad mouthing Monitronics due to you being irresponsible! Monitronic's has saved many lives, homes, pets, an priceless items an keepsakes for 1000's of people maybe if all those people took as much time telling their stories as all of you "unsatisfied wronged customers" which is 100% due to your own negligence than maybe we'd be able to save more people from tragedies!!!

• Ro
                                    Robert -- Houston Mar 21, 2012

No tracking provided on the status of canceling your service when you send them the letter they ask for in the mail.
                                    Customer service actively works to prevent you from cancelling even when you are beyond your contract and have very clearly stated that you have acquired a different alarm system and their hardware is no longer installed.
                                    Odd how a company that has no contact from your alarm system for over 3 months and never tried to contact you about it can claim to be monitoring that system... Were I less trusting I would suggest theat their monitoring claims were fraudulent...

• Fe
                                    Fernagu Sep 10, 2010

First, Monitronics does not install therefore cannot target the elderly. Second, no alarm company is connected to 911, PERIOD. That is why they are called alarm companies. They monitor and call your local pd, or 911, so get it straight. Next, if this was just installed, you should be calling your alarm company. Monitronics can tell you how to shut it off but doesnt repair equipment either. And the best part, as your contract surely says, YOU SHOULD BE TESTING YOUR ALARM SYSTEM ATLEAST ONCE A MONTH TO MAKE SURE IT IS WORKING. Monitronics monitors signals received and is not responsible for you not testing. Lastly, if they were so unhappy, they would have cancelled. The instructions on how to cancel is on their contract or a customer service rep can tell you.

• Mo
                                    MonitronicsSucks Jun 09, 2010

While I appreciate your venemous support for your employer, you are wrong. They target the elderly. They prey on the weak and fearful. They come to your home and exploit your need for independence and safety. Then, they take advantage of you monetarily.

My parents, after both of their fathers were involved in falls where they had no help, were approached by Monitronics. They were told that Monitronics, unlike ADT and Brinks, were directly connected to the police and fire departments. I, of course, disputed this claim. The agent informed my parents that they were more high tech than the company that I used, and that I was just "outdated." I quickly shut up because I had not had a new system installed in 10yrs. I could be wrong. He went on to explain that the reason they were $50 per month was that they had a "special connection" to the 911 system.

My parents, not wanting to be a burden, thought that Monitronics would allow them their independence. None of that whole, "I've fallen and I can't get up." They could use their fobs in the yard or the house. They would remain independent unlike my grandfathers who eventually ended up with nursing or family care.

They agreed to allow Monitronics to install their system. Weeeellll, that is when their "fun" began. The gentleman installed a system. He charged them $300. He told them it was with Verizon Wireless (They suck too. Another story for another day). My mom said, "Our children have Verizon and bought us phones from them too. They do not get a signal in our home. After our daughter paid for our phone for two years that would not work we switched companies. So, I don't think you should use them here. He said no. It was a "special" Verizon signal (oooh magic Verizon signals). Not knowing anything about security, they trusted him.

A month after installation their alarm would not stop going off. It went off day and night. They were confounded. They called Monitronics to shut it up. They were told they would have to buy a new battery. They said why?? It is brand new. Shouldn't it be under warranty?? Finally, after much fighting, they had the battery replaced.

Fast forward two years...OH, AND BY THE WAY **N E V E R** MISSING A PAYMENT (smart a**). My mom burned some food in the kitchen. The alarm sounded. IN THE HOUSE O N L Y!!! Mom went to the basement to turn it off, but it had been at least a couple of minutes. She exceeded the 15 seconds. She knew the fire department was headed her way...NOPE!! They were never notified. WHY??? Because they were sold a bogus system. It could not send nor receive signals!!! It never worked. That is why they could not get the tech to teach them how to use it. He didn't leave a book or contract.. Three hours went by. If there had been a fire, they would have died. Lost everything. Get the picture??

Do you know what Monitronics told them? Too dang bad. SO! You want to know why people don't pay Monitronics? Because they charge you for nothing!!! It is the Emperor's New Clothes. They make fools of the elderly! One day, my naive little workerbee, you too will be old. Watch out!! They will get you too. P.S. They still haven't missed a payment...