Brinks Home Security Logo

Brinks Home Security

Having problems with Brinks Home Security?

+1 800 447 9239 (Customer Service)
+1 855 910 7980 (Sales & New Service)
+1 800 595 2059 (Dealer Relations)
+1 469 513 8685 (Text Only)
1990 Wittington Pl.
Written Correspondence
MONI, PO Box 814530, Dallas, TX 75381-4530

Complaints & Reviews

MonitronicsMonitoring

I had monitoring services with Monitronics for many years. I moved and called and cancelled the service. They said everything was taken care of. I left mail forwarding with the post office and never heard anything more from them. Four years later I a collections letter saying I owed them money for the rest of the contract because I didn't cancel in writing. The person on their end did not say anything about having to cancel in writing. I refused to pay and they are ruining my credit rating.

Moni Smart Security / Monitronics Internationalsecurity system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa

June 2017 our neighbors were told they saw two men in their carport at 2:30 AM. Being an elderly couple, they had a security system installed for their safety - Monitronics. I moved to PR Apr. 2017 to care for my mother who became blind and was living alone. When I heard about the incident, I said to myself if it comes down to living in fear and being a prisoner in our own place of residence, I would move back to the states. At least there, we have police patrolling neighborhoods and people around us unlike living in the tropical rainforest of Utuado, which is desolate and we live in a dead end in the hills and police do not patrol there. They only appear after an incident occurs. A few days after the incident a Monitronics salesman appeared at our door, and a very good one at that -- he did a GOOD JOB of scaring us into getting the system installed. Primary purpose was due to the fact that we are two women living alone with no contingency plan should something happen to us. Everything was fine and it was worth the investment for my piece of mind.

However, come Sept. 20, 2017 Hurrican Maria hit the island of Puerto Rico. We have since been displaced to the USA on Oct. 4, and I have been dealing with this company since then to cancel the contract due to extenuating cirmstances beyond our control. The first call I made, the rep on the phone kept me on the phone for about an hour trying to talk me into transferring the service to where I am living in the states. I was living with friends and they already have a system, but regardless he was hell bent on keeping me from canceling . I tried to be as civil as possible, but I finally asked him to escalate the call to someone who could cancel and be done with it. He finally said he would email me the form that I needed to submit, and where I needed to email it back to. I did what I was advised to do. I thought everything was taken care of then I started getting automated VM / text from Monitronics advising me of overdue payments. I had paid my last bill in Sept and was not going to pay for service when we did not have electricity nor service from them. I called several weeks ago to find out what is going on with cancellation cause of these incessant calls / texts / emails re: $. I was then told I need to call Electric power in PR to get proof that we had no power...seriously??? Everyone on the island knows every call that you make to a gov't agency or office is all automated and no one ever calls back. So I sent them a copy of my online invoice reflecting my last payment to electric power in Sept and no more bills as we did not have power. I emailed to them as instructed, so I thought that was it, What was I thinking? the emails / texts/ calls continued. I called their telno. [protected] to speak with a supervisor so they can finally do what they said they would, but all I got was a smart-[censor] snot nosed employee telling me that we are still under contract and they will continue to charge until we pay for the remainder of our contract for 1.5 years.

This is under my 87 y.o. mother's name and she is not concerned about having her credit history ruined at this juncture of her life; however, it is causing her angst as she is constantly worrying about this situation not being brought to closure. How money hungry is this company that they are not willing to exercise good business practice that would take care of our situation and they have no regard of the hardships we have gone through due to a natural disaster. This is not a situation we have caused and all they are concerned about is charging a 87 y.o. who has been displaced and will not be returning to her homeland. Once they lock you into an agreement, you are locked in until you die. They will have to write this one off eventually especially when my mother is no longer on this earth. I will never ever do business with them and will make it a point to share my experience with everyone I know and use social media to spread my story.
    Greed is the root of all evil.

I have all the emails they sent with the documents they sent us for esignature and their email confirmation and they are totally ignoring what they claim they would do. If they continue with this. we will seek punitive damages for harrassment. Do they have no compassion for an 87 y.o. and all she has gone through since Maria?

Hope this reaches authorities that will make this right.

MonitronicsI am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.

I have asked for assistance and would like to discontinue my service. The rate has increased with no warning and it is not protecting my home at all. I will stop my automatic bank drafts if you don't stop it yourself! I am totally dissatisfied!

Nothing about the system works, I cannot key in my code, nor can I open the door with the remote. The only way I can open the door is with the key. I am expecting a resolution to this issue before another month is withdrawn from my account.

My name is Willie Lanier
      Address: 124 Meadowbrook Drive
      Greenwood, SC 29649

Monitronicssecurity. refund. or 2 years free.

Question…..I am curious if anyone else had issues with Monitronics security? When your security system would beep and everything or had it go off and nobody reported or was called? My home got broke into twice with the security system but they just said it was the land line or phone line issues? Has anyone else had these issues and told the same thing. I even had my phone line changed paying a technician from my phone company so that my alarm would work. Then I am told it did not work because my phone line was changed.
        I called to cancel or take care of the problem and I would have a great and cheaper deal offered but no resolution on what happened. I was paying $44 a month for a device that beeped when my door opened and closed. I have 2 police reports of the 3 break in times. Our house was broke into Memorial weekend of 2016, over that summer, and again in October of 2016. My husband and I had both of our deceased mothers jewelry stolen that we were going to leave our kids, hundreds of DVD's, my guitars, Dewalt Tools, space heaters, and even food from our pantry and freezers. Did anyone have these issues with monitronics? Did anyone else get broke into but the fault was the phone line instead of the alarm? How did you resolve your issues? Did you have a lawyer looking into it?
        I am just wondering the best way to take care of this? I did just agree to request the Doc-U-Sign papers sent to me so I can have it cancelled for a second time. I did this in the spring and I ended up having some major emergency surgeries in April and complications that have resulted in more surgeries to where I am just now getting a cancel to take care of my inconveniences. I have been charged the whole time even when I wanted it cancelled as soon as contract was up. Even when I had no money in my account that resulted in more fees. Has anyone else had such a hard time with such a promising company?

MonitronicsI called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!

Home at 6065 S. Jefferson st. Burlington, Ky 41005

I called 6 to 8 Mo. ago at this time they refused to stop service, because of Contract was not exspired.
          But my alarm Battires were bad for over a year, so the alarm was none working. They did send a new battires, except no direction to install.

So in about 10/13/17 I called and several times to be disconnect, the man I was talking to just keep refusing to disconnect!!!
          I finaly just told him to Disconnect the service, and hung up.

Please refund my charges Thank You Gayle Ensminger

Monitronicshome security

We have had nothing but grief from this system. While I was out of town my mothers system started alarming. She will be 96 next month, is very hard of hearing. She called the number and told them to turn it off and to discontinue her service. She was so upset she took the control panel from the wall and put it in a drawer. I would like to have this system removed and her billing to stop. Please contact me at [protected]@windstream.net. If you have any questions you can reach me at [protected]. My mothers name is Leola Brewer 1202 W. Ash Carlsbad, NM 88220

Monitronicsinstallation of additional equipment

Sept 27, 2017 my house was burglarized while away. 9/28/17 I called requesting 2 security cameras, 2 additional sensors installed. To this date my equipment is not completely installed. Still missing a camera and last night my new panic button died. I turned my alarm and it said "silent alarm". Called you right away. I've had this system in 2 houses for 10-12 years, never late. Customer service is terrible. They put me on hold for hours at a time. Sent John from CNY here, rude, in 4 hrs all he did was put up 2 sensors. He had me call mono and when he was tired of waiting he ripped MY phone out of my hand! Keith from CNY came out and did what he could as one of the cameras was faulty. I would like someone with authority contact me ASAP. Over a month is way too long to wait for equipment I need to feel safe. Not enough space to write everything. You may contact me, Carol Harris, at [protected] asap.

installation of additional equipment

• Updated by Carolkuk · Oct 30, 2017

I have told them I live alone with no neighbors and they put all the issues onto service people. THEY HIRE THEM! My picture is of an empty camera bracket! I am on autopsy and want to stop it. Over a month for proper SECURITY service is way too long for me.

Anniebob9898 Sep 26, 2018

We call to cancel our 5 year contract that ended in 15 may 2016 and was informed that because we ordered a camera that we paid for out of pocket and the paid for the installer to come and installer to come that we incurred to 2 years from the first contract without permission. Then two of our sensors went out and Monitronics sent two door new replacements and add 2 years from 15 may 2018 without permission on the contact to 15 may 2020. How is this right. We don agree to this. There will be no more. I do not like a company add time to a contract without time. This has to stop. This is not right. I can not understand how Monitronics/Brinks can do this. I will never sign with another security system in life now that I understand how the security systems work. It is over. When first contract. That should have been it.

Monitronics — cancellation

I have called 4 times to cancel my services and they have said they i will receive an email within 24-48...

Montronics/MONI — service cancellation

I called to cancel my service in May 2017 because the house had sold. I continued to receive monitoring bill...

Monitronicshome security system

I don't think I have ever dealt with any company like Monitronics or now Moni. They're the most aggressive ignorant people ever don't do business with this company !! Everything was fine until I went to try to cancel service June 29th here it is mid-September and I'm still fooling with the billing. They send emails I respond then they send more acting like I never responded. The last person told me I was going to get a $63 credit now today when I talk to them now there is no record that I ever ever called. And my stupidity didn't write down the name. All they tried to do was talk to me about the new company that I have for my security system how they could have done a better deal and I said I would never do business with you ever again !! I should be able to call you and say cancel my service and then you stop the building immediately and that's not what happens. They keep taking payments off of my credit card plus I sent in a check for $83 and now I'm not getting a credit I've never seen anything like it!!! would never do business with this company again.

Monitronics — my service. no way to communicate with monotronics. no communication in spanish and the machine doesn't understand my english.

Since july 12/17 I am trying to cancel my contract because Iam selling the property. I lollow the...

Monitronicssigns to post outdoors / telephone automated payment

I have been with Monitronics for 14-15 years...
                  I have had trouble with the automated payment for that
                  long.. I give my payments over the telephone, using an
                  electronic check. The system is set up to where the person
                  giving the payment has to have acct. Information memorized.
                  It does not give adequate time to input information.
                  I have made it a point to give a payment to cover the cost for
                  5-6 months at a time, to avoid getting frustrated every month.
                  Another issue is with the signs to be posted outside...
                  My husband requested a new one because the old one broke.
                  I noticed the new pastel colors were so light and barely noticeable!
                  I mentioned it to my husband, but we still posted them.
                  One month later I had an attempted break in... My patio furniture
                  was stolen an my front door was tampered with...
                  I called the police to make a report and they joked about the
                  signs to deter crooks from breaking in...
                  Bold colors make a stronger statement, it looks like
                  I'm advertising Easter eggs for sale!
                  Come on people at Monitronics stop slacking off and don't lose
                  track of the customer goals!!!

Monitronics — home security

I did a verbal agreement with Mon for security in my home in Portland Or. I started it in April 5 the of...

Monitronics Securityhome security system

My home alarm system started beeping at regular intervals today and I couldn't get it to stop. I called the phone number given to me by Monitronics: [protected]. I received a telephone message that the phone number was not in service, and a replacement number was not given.

For a few years Monitronics has been drawing $44.49 from my bank account, including this month. The bank can give me no contact information and the bank statement does not include a contact number at the withdrawal.

I want (and am entitled to) getting my money back for as long as I had no contact information on Monitronics. Also, I note from reviewing the website that AAA members, of which I am one, receive this service for $19.99 instead of $44.49. No one ever told me about this discount.

Someone at Monitronics needs to contact me and straighten this mess out.

Charles Corry

Monitronicsmoni / monotonics security monitoring service

Monotonics is a security monitoring service who's business practices are at best scamming and shameful, and I cannot believe our courts or representatives continue to let them operate or conduct themselves as they do. MONI, formerly Monotonics will buy costumers like yours and my contacts from other security installation companies such as ADT, Devcon, Vivint at full price of the original contract regardless of how long you or I have left on that contract. When they have done so the contract is then under new contract terms, and limitations and terms of previous contract are no longer negotiable nor will MONI abide by the previous termsof said contract. I have had it with this company and have been trying to get out of my contract with this company for years. I have now been paying for service not wanted or needed for 7yrs now. Several... no many attempts to disconnect services have been met with rude, unbearable, relentless phone calls from MONI costumer service representatives. With no other option to discontinue service with this scamming relentless somewhat ridiculous business I decided to take a hit on my credit and just stop payment. Well, then the phone calls start.. 2 or 3 times daily wanting payment. Day after day. Transfer after transfer with billing with no luck. Now today I receive a letter from a collections attorney with threats of sueing me!!! Sueing me??? Yes taking me to court for $371.17 to resolve my account which I have been trying to resolve for years and with no other choice stopped payment. This I find hilarious and ridiculous since I am the one who should be sueing. Sueing for bad and shameful practices. NOT TO MENTION buying my contract third party without my Knowledge, Need, or Desire. I have no desire for kids running my families safety. If you ask me, MONI monitoring service is nothing more than a call service center monitoring the security of hardworking families homes, and have nothing better to do with their time at work but to call and harass their disatisfied and fed-up costumers.

Disatisfied,
                      American Citizen

Monitronicsnationwide/monitronics security system

I cannot believe that Nationwide/Monitronic's advertises that it's the best security system around. When I signed up for their service in May 2012, I was initially told that I could sign up with either a cell phone number or land line. Since I had both, I chose the land line. About 2 years into what I didn't realize was a 5 year contractual obligation, I had the landline disconnected. When I went to notify the company of a change in number, I was informed the security system didn't work with the cell phone. I requested to cancel the policy. It was at this time I was informed about the 5 year contract, and the only way out of it was to pay the $1751.76 still owed on the contract. Trying to contact someone in charge to explain I had been dx with breast cancer, expenses were tight, and to ask whether an exception could be made to either reduce the amount owed or to just be able to get out of the contract itself was completely fruitless. What I experienced from Monitronics was zero understanding, compassion, or "customer service". I have paid this company $48.66 for security service that has been non-functual for the past 1 1/2 years. In December 2015 I had my second surgery for breast cancer. 4 days from discharge, I had an electrical fire starting out on the back deck and swiftly moving into the attic and roof. At no time did the alarm system go off. Not from the smoke, fire, or exploding windows. Today, I called and requested to cancel my service with them as I had fulfilled my 5 year contractual agreement. After multiple attempts from the "sales manager" offering to "upgrade" my system, use a cell number instead of a land line and get a reduced rate 24/7/365 for continuing service for another 36 months, I had to ask what I wasn't being clear about. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told he was the manager. I repeatedly said I was not interested in any upgrades, I did not want to use a cell number, I didn't care about their 24/7 coverage, and I had no desire to continue any affiliation with this company; I wanted this service CANCELLED! I was then informed that within 72 hours I would receive an email giving me explicit instructions on how to go about cancelling my service. This would take 30 days and I would be charged any extra fee's and monies owed before the cancellation would take effect. REALLY? I have contacted my bank, stopped the auto pay, ( which I'm being charged $35.00 to do ) written to the BBB and the states Attorney General, and will be taking further legal action if needed.
                        I would never, under any circumstances recommend this company.

Monitroniccontinue to bill

I called Monitronic first off to setup a service call because the system was not communicating wireless anymore. i could not get anyone to come out to check the thing out until 2 weeks out and then no one never shows up, when i called in you want me to wait again!! So i cancel service (so i thought) been with a new company since December 1, 2016 ..Monitronic still was charging for service up until now 5/11/2017..i sent that stupid ### letter in to them and today he tells me they never got it!!! Why the crap do i have to send a letter in anyway, when i have you on the phone telling you to cancel it!! stupid!!

Monitronic Never again!!

Monitronicscontract terms cancellation attempt

I had an agreement with Moni as I signed the original agreement with Capitol Connect. They installed several new monitoring devices and a new monitoring panel. My agreement with Capitol Connect was for 36 months. The paper copy that I signed had the 60 months scratched out by the sales person and we agreed on 36 months. I have talked to Capitol Connect and they have verified that the agreed upon term was for 36 months. The digital contract sent from Capitol Connect to Monitronics showed 60 month as the period of the contract (that was the standard for the digital contract) that was transmitted in error of what had been agreed to. There is a low end acceptable term of 36 months, but is has to be written in as a modification. I have verified with Capitol Connect that the contract term was for 36 months. (It is on the audio conversation of the contract verification). Monitronics will not accept this audio as a mater of record. I'm sure they would if it was in reverse.
                            Any way they insist that my contract was for 60 months and are requiring written documentation from Capitol Connect in order to adjust the term of my contract. I am at the mercy of someone elses' ethics. Capitol Connect is willing to work with me but Monitronics has the upper hand and are not willing to budge.

MonitronicsManagement (Emilio)

We have been customers of moni for over 4 years, management (Emilio) was rude, unempathetic, and unwilling to work with us, and unwilling to solve our problem. I asked for another supervisor, and he refused to transfer call, letting me know monitronics only had him as a supervisor on duty, and if we didn't like what he offered, he threatened to do nothing about it. Ridiculous customer service. He ended the call with that was his best, well I can't imagine what his worst is. Please contact as soon as possible. Maybe you should teach your supervisor the meaning of empathy.

Re Customer: Alexis Gonzalez
                              612 E. Kearney
                              [protected]
                              Laredo, Texas 78040

MonitronicsRefuse to cancel/send supposed 5 year contract / stop billing

Monitronics was bought from a company called Guardian that I signed up with for home monitoring in October 2014. I called to cancel my service at the end of my two year contract. The attendant on the phone claims I signed a five year contract. I said I am looking at the contract I signed and it clearly reads Oct 2016, please send me what you have. I was told the email with the supposed five year contract I signed had to mailed from a different office and would take 72-96 hours. I waited and never received. I called back one week later and asked again, same thing. This has gone on for over four weeks. No email was sent to me with any contract information. I never signed anything with Monitronics. My contract with Guardian is over but Monotronics refuses to stop billing me unless I "buy out" the next 36 months of service at 70.00 a month which they can't prove I ever signed!
                                **** Stay away from this place at all costs!!! ******
                                *****Never set up automatic billing with them (if they buy out another company) or you will never be able to stop it! *****

Josie Gonzalez Feb 21, 2017

Same complaint! I agreed to 6months, and they're telling me I agreed to 5 years.

• Pa
                                    Paggi C. Lancon Jan 13, 2018

I attempted to cancel our subscription with these people and I was completely appalled. These customer reps are brainwashed and only care about CONTRACTS, which the rep I spoke to mentioned over and over. It's as though these people have been dehumanized and do not care what an individual's circumstances might be, they continue to remind the customer of the contract. I know for a fact I did not sign a 5 year contract. However, we have been loyal customers for 4 1/2 years and I was certain our contract had ended. Due to extenuating circumstances, we have already disconnected the alarm and Monitronics has called us to alert us they had no contact with our system. First of all, the system was installed by my husband and a good friend who was an electrician when we bought our home. It was after a devastating accident which resulted in my husband suffering a Traumatic Brain Injury, causing the neurosurgeon to remove a large part of his right temporal lobe in order to stop the hemorrhaging in his brain. After this occurred, my husband decided we should have our alarm system monitored and began coverage with ADT. Somehow, Monitronics approached him one day while I was out for a short time and due to the brain injury, he lacked the ability to make sound judgements. Therefore, Monitronics took over and now our circumstances have changed and we no longer want to have out alarm system monitored. When I called Monitronics, I was so shocked. These people have no emotions, the inability to understand the reasoning of their fellow men and why circumstances sometimes occur which require others to make decisions in their best interests. The entity, which is how I will refer to the robot-like person I spoke to continuously negated every comment I made and repeatedly stated, the terms of the contract must be adhered to, no matter what! I presented to him what I thought was a quite heartbreaking story, not to get out of the contract, but to attempt to appeal to this entity's feelings and heartfelt emotions. However, after 5 minutes of speaking to this robot, I realized this company has trained their employees to make sure contracts (whether authentic or the result of forgery) are fulfilled! However, I had realized by this time I was speaking to an entity made of stone and he had not 1 ounce of compassion or kindness to bestow on anyone. His very being revolved around that CONTRACT! So, I informed this inhuman figure, I didn't give a hoot about the contract and I was going to stop any further payments at the bank to Monitronics. This resulted in him telling me they would make sure the contract was honored and intended to turn me over to a Collections Agency. So, after recently becoming 65, these [censor] robots are going to attempt to blemish my impeccable credit. Yet, that didn't shock me as much as his next statement which was, " You had better make certain we receive a letter upon the final date of your contract requesting that we terminate your contract! If not, your contract will not be terminated." This robotic [censor] has just informed me my contract was final in the middle of July (I can't recall the exact date because I had no plans to honor this contract which his life revolved around), yet I had to write a letter requested their permission to end my contract???? If this is not an example of dictatorships and tyrannical treatment, I don't know what else to call it! I can't fathom the BBB allowing this inhumane treatment of real people to continue, while they rate this company with an A+!!! I have always had faith in the BBB and turned to them first in determining if a business or charity was legitimate and treated their customers with dignity and respect. I honestly cannot believe Monitronics is being allowed to abuse and treat customers with total disrespect and no consideration is ever exercised as to the customers complaints! This situation and all the innocent victims involved have no recourse and I must say this scenario is one I never dreamed I'd see in the U.S., and has the approval of the BBB. Does the criteria necessary to become accredited by the BBB receive priority moreso, than the innocent victims of this quite obvious scam? My husband and I own our equipment, therefore Monitronics was like a security guard watching over our home and property. They will attempt to ruin my credit, however, I really believe that any collection agency will look at my credit scores and then look at the comments made by customers who have been scammed by Monitronics. That should speak for itself! I am so disappointed for the first time in my adult life in the judgment of the BBB, which I always believed would take the side of the consumer in a situation that is this apparent!