Midland Funding / Terrible experience

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I have also received a summons from the local sheriff's office stating I am being sued by Midland Funding. Since I have been doing some research, I learned that they have bought my account from someone else. I got a copy of my credit report trying to see if I could figure out the original creditor is. I found two accounts on my report for the same exact amount. One is Midland and the other is presidio/CM, no clue who they are. This looks like a double reporting for the same debt. I will be contacting the credit reporting agencies disputing them both.

I have prepared my answer that will be mailed certified return receipt asking for full disclosure on the original debt, any documentation of the debt etc... on the presidio/CM listing on my credit report is shows my last payment date of 4/2004. Oddly enough Midland Funding did not report a last payment date. In Alabama, correct me if I am wrong, the SOL is 3 years... even if it is 4 years they are out of luck.

My question is can someone point me in the direction where I can find out if Midland Funding LLC is registered to do business in my state? I read on another website where one guy researched and found out they were not registered in New York and the judge threw the case out.

Va

Comments

• Ji
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Someone have called me from Midland Funding, LLC. At first they were asking for my details. When I refused to disclose my details to an unknown person, they started abusing me. I am planning to sue them. Here is a thread I have found that says my such incidents of their abuse http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/collection-agencies/midlandfunding-llc.html

• Mj
      3rd of Nov, 2009

repeatedly automated calling every day and now citation papers being served. are they even real?