Midland Funding / Terrible experience
I have also received a summons from the local sheriff's office stating I am being sued by Midland Funding. Since I have been doing some research, I learned that they have bought my account from someone else. I got a copy of my credit report trying to see if I could figure out the original creditor is. I found two accounts on my report for the same exact amount. One is Midland and the other is presidio/CM, no clue who they are. This looks like a double reporting for the same debt. I will be contacting the credit reporting agencies disputing them both.
I have prepared my answer that will be mailed certified return receipt asking for full disclosure on the original debt, any documentation of the debt etc... on the presidio/CM listing on my credit report is shows my last payment date of 4/2004. Oddly enough Midland Funding did not report a last payment date. In Alabama, correct me if I am wrong, the SOL is 3 years... even if it is 4 years they are out of luck.
My question is can someone point me in the direction where I can find out if Midland Funding LLC is registered to do business in my state? I read on another website where one guy researched and found out they were not registered in New York and the judge threw the case out.
More Midland Funding Complaints & Reviews
- Midland funding, LLC - Rip off 
- Midland funding, LLC - what is this 
- Midland Credit Management - Scam! Watch out! 
- Midland Credit Management - Beware! 
- Midland Credit Management - Total scam 
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - called me threatening me to send officer to my house and work. a $1200 debt they said it would be over $ 3000
- Midland Credit Management (MCM) - They claimed I owe almost $400 more than I owe.
- Midland Funding - Unethical behavior
- Midland Funding - Poor Service
- Midland Funding / Citibank - Lien release not processed to courts