Micro Center / scam and cheating
I shop often at Micro Center and I know they often have a broader selection at better prices than, say, Best Buy. However, I have seen vividly how their computer repair service works. I will detail one situation, but this is typical. Office 2007 would not accept updates on a computer bought at their store. They charged me to install it "using a workaround" and said all updates were in place. They were not. They just reinstalled the software from disk - big help!
Turned out it was a Microsoft problem. I actually got very good, prompt help from Microsoft (imagine that!) and got the problem fixed (computer needed new version of Microsoft update agent). Now why couldn't Micro Center have done that? Or admitted they could not help???
More Micro Center Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Micro Center - fraud and scam 
- Microcenter - beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
- Microcenter - order online pickup service badly broken 
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center 
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - micro center employees are holding onto all vega 64 video cards and buying them to resell online 
- [Resolved] Micro Center / Micro Electronics - no proactivity/bad customer service
- Micro Center - acer xg270hu - won't let me purchase
- Micro Center - extremely unprofessional company! 
- Micro Center - repair service taking too long