MetLife / illegal business practices!
I have been off work since July 1, 2006 at which time I filed a disability claim with MetLife I have always paid extra for short and long term disability insurance through my company ACS.
Since my disability, requiring transplant, MetLife has made my life miserable. I have fought tooth and nail since day one to get my disability and I have finally reached the straw that broke "my back". It took over 2 months to get my first disability check at which time I had to borrow from friends and relatives to keep a roof over my head. By the time I received my short term disability I was in long term disability which took another 2 months + and was approved until July 2008, I receive back pay then 1 month pay to be paid to date in late December. As of today I received my January 2007 check with a deduction of most of the check claiming I was receiving social security and this is the difference. I have filed for SS disability but have not been approved to date. Upon calling MetLife I was informed that they ASSUME that I would be getting this amount from SS even though I have not been approved and that just in case I was receiving SS they deduct this amount so that I would not be overpaid. These people are playing with my life as though I am nothing. They tell me they don't have the supervisors phone number when they transfer me to my caseworker of course all I get is voice mail. They have me over a barrel. If I don't get my check I cannot pay my rent, utilities, etc. But most importantly I will not be able to get my medications. Is this legal?
More MetLife Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - accident claims
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - customer service / long term care policies
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - hospital indem,
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - disability claim