Metlife Disability — denied short-term disability
Last year, I had a cervical fusion and was disabled for over 10 months. Even though I had my doctor's notes supporting my inability to return to work, MetLife caused me to get evicted from 2 apartments, get 2 cars reposessed and as a result, I bypassed my doctor's advice and went back to work, even though I was in excruciating pain and developed Sciatica while trying to do too much by going to work full-time. Three weeks ago, at the end of August, I suffered from nausea, vomitting, diarrhea. I thought I had a stomach virus and waited 3 days before finally going to see my doctor. My doctor diagnosed me with gastritis and gave me a note to excuse me from work and gave me Nexium and referred me to a GI specialist. My GI specialist, suspecting that I may be suffering from a Gall bladder attack, sent me to have a Hida test. The test revealed that in fact my gallbladder was diseased, but my physician wanted to hold off until I saw my orthopedist to rule out problems with my sciatica and cervical stenosis, since I had unresolved problems with my cervical fusion. My orthopedist then informed me that I needed to have my cervical spine decompressed because of severe stenosis around the area of the fusion and took me out of work until my surgery, to avoid me from compromising my spine. I submitted all of these reports to MetLife. It's been 4 weeks and still, MetLife is denying my short-term disability claim, saying that they don't have any evidence that I am unable to perform my job. So, here I am again, with the car finance company threatening to come and reposess my car if I don't pay it by tomorrow Saturday. My landlord is charging me an extra $100.00 for being late with my rent. I have no money to buy my medications and to follow-up with my doctors, because of the co-pay. I have been working for my company for 23 years and have paid MetLife's Disability insurance for the past 23 years. Besides being stressed out by all these financial woes and worrying about my upcoming surgery, I've had serious thoughts of suicide and I've completely lost a zest for life. Please help!!!
More Metlife Disability Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer!
- MetLife Dental - denied services
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating
- Metlife India Insurance Company - poor service on all accounts!
- MetLife Dental - claims not processed for more than 12 months
- Met Life Disability Insurance - fraud
- Metlife Disability - metlife petition
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - left off beneficiary