MDG / Terrible quality product!
I bought a MDG desktop computer with Intel Premium 4 inside in March 2006. The computer started overheating and shutting down periodically within the first 6 months. I would leave it off for a while then I would turn it back on, and it would work well for quite a while and I thought that whatever was wrong was fixed. It started up again in March of this year, but much worse, I contacted MDG technical support and they told me it was either Windows (and I should try re-installing that) and if that didn't work it was probably a hardware problem (I had not installed any hardware, the only parts in the computer were all original from the factory), I wrote back and told them I couldn't get it to stay on long enough to re-install Windows and I asked for the specifications for the model I have so I could take it to a repairman. They told me to download PCWizard... I had already made it clear that the computer would not stay on for longer than a few seconds. I finally got the repairman and when he opened it he found that the computer was missing a fan... Due to this manufacturing oversight I had to buy a new Intel Pentium 4 64B Processor 631 lt - 3.0G/800/2M/5775.
1 Antec 80MM Tricool 20/26 CFM 18/24DBA,
1 Antec 120MM Tricool 39 CFM 25DB.
For a cost of $207.21. The lack of the fan and the resulting overheating had burnt the processor and the 1 existing fan.
I am still paying for this computer and I would like to know if I am within my rights to ask MDG to reduce this cost from my balance.
I am tired of dealing with them directly as they don't seem to want to listen to you when you do explain the problem.
More MDG Complaints & Reviews
- MDG Computers - Newmarket, Ontario - Manufacturer's defect, warranty not covered 
- MDG Visionbook Pro 3700S - MDG is a fraud company 
- MDG Computers - Fraudulent Service 
- MDG Computers - Bogus charges and it is impossible to cancel them 
- MDG Computers - Whitby, Ontario - Folks, Stay away from MDG! 
- MDG Computers Canada Inc. - I signed a contract with mdg they in return will not give me my product after they took my money
- MDG Computers - laptop purchase
- MDG - Beware
- MDG Canada - Rip offs
- MDG - Shipping Charges