ADVERTISIMENT

MDG ComputersBogus charges and it is impossible to cancel them

W

I noticed two unauthorized charges from my account, and the company MDG computers Canada took from me about $160. I contacted their customer services and started to ask, why they took money from me. The agent tried to assure me that I signed the contract with them for 48 months. I never did any stupid things like this before, so it was impossible. They are scammers and I want to stop these withdrawals. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me how to stop these withdrawals. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

• Ea
    easypeasylemoonsqueezy Nov 12, 2014

Just let your bank know you want to make a stop payment with your account. They won't be able to take any money out of your account anymore. Just let your bank know that there is an issue and you don't want them to take anymore money out. Your bank will comply.

• Co
    cocco63 Sep 29, 2014

I am dealing with the Finance Administrator, Ms. Karina Pesantez, some professional ? She continues to take withdrawals from my mom;s account and even after she has been told not to do so, she still does, she avoids your calls and when she doesn t want to talk to you, she lets her voicemail go on...so she avoids calls all together...i am tired of this and i wanted to let people know what kind of company this is...and i am sure their computers are refurbished but they sell them as new, and my computer within 4 years is finished, shuts off automatically and it s battery died within 2 years, and never worked properly...i will never ever buy from this company again...and their finance departments, very disgusting service and professional, i advise you all to make a complaint at Consumer Protection, so they will have a great record. Karina Pesantez, i don t know where u come from, but whoever hired you, big mistake !

• Ra
    Rachel23 Aug 22, 2014

We could not afford to get a brand new tv for our family outright, but through MDG computers we were able to get the right tv that suited us and our needs and its not breaking our bank either. We barely notice that we pay for it each month!! The service was excellent and quick and we were very impressed with how easy and fast it was to receive our new tv!!

• Cl
    Clebdeb May 26, 2018

@Rachel23 You do realize that your literally going to end up paying way more than you would if you saved $ each paycheck to buy it at retail price from a real store and pay for it in cash debit etc?? The same exact computer that retails everywhere in store for $600-$700 ends up costing MDG customers about $1100 by the time they pay it. It’s even worse with their tv’s. I love how you say the family couldn’t afford one to suit your needs but you’ll pay 2wice as much if not more for the same product so you can own it now. Of all things your talking about a damn tv too. The most obsolete item in the world next to diamonds. Great family choice just go fishing next time.

• Ms
    Ms miller Jul 20, 2014

Change account #

• Ki
    Kijiji Bites May 12, 2014

You are stuck pretty much. If you cannot get a credit card or buy a computer outright, these type of companies take advantage of people with no or poor credit, it is better to wait. Same with Rent a centre, do not get involved with buying 'toys' you will get stuck paying more for junk, buy used until your situation turns around, because these places are horrible and put you in the hole more,

They are insured, so either way they win if you cannot pay they buy back your liquidated purchases and resell/rent them!!

I know it's not what you needed to hear, but you may be stuck with the agreement you made with them, read the fine print, I am sure they got you!

Comment Guidelines