Having problems with MDG?

+1 800 906 0975 (United States)
3422 Old Capitol Trail, PMB# 1993
SunClosed
Head Office in Canada
2940 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6H 6G4

Complaints & Reviews

MDG ComputersLack of warranty service and rude representatives!

After owning an MDG computer previously I decided after a major house fire last year and losing everything we owned to go to MDG to replace the computers in our home. A KIOSK had been put into the Staples Store in Belleville Ontario. We went a couple times to see what the prices were like (students going back to school etc) and found they were very reasonable. I convinced my partner that she should stick with MDG versus going to Dell again (who she was VERY happy with). So we picked out the machines, two desktop systems and a Notebook. 6000.00 in computer equipment and I paid "CASH" for them due to the insurance money being in my hands to replace the machines. We even upgraded the machines we wanted with extra funds of our own to get the stuff we really wanted. So now comes the issue... the Notebook's Power Adaptor blows up. Thank God it wasn't plugged into the notebook at the time. So she calls for warranty service. The technician was extremely condescending and rude. He was insisting we had to drive to Kingston to get "warranty" repair. Now a point about my partner... she WAS a technician in a call center and has extensive computer background. She was freaking out and handed the phone off to me. Now my background... I have been involved with computers since 1982, building AND using... have had my own business so I "know" what I am talking about when it comes to computers (including maintaining an 8 system lan in our home). I get on the phone and this guy starts YELLING at me... Well thats an issue cause I currently work in law enforcement so of course he's going to get yelled at right back. "click" he hangs up. SO I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor... "nope no supervisors on I am the boss right now". SO again the stupidity and yelling and "click" again. I call back he hears my voice and simply hangs up again... I try again and get a different guy. So I start all over again. Well buddy is coaching him in the background cause I can hear him and this guy now claims that he is in charge. I hang up and am I ever po'd. The next day someone from MDG calls me... very apologetic and wanting to deal with the issue because I made threats of the better business bureau as well as going to the media. A new power adaptor will be shipped etc etc no you don't need to go to Kingston. So we wait... 4 days later (on a thursday) it comes in... Problem... they sent a desktop power supply... So we refuse it and return to sender. I call back and advise them that we refused the package cause they sent the wrong item. Well when we get it back we'll send you the right one... 4 days later I call... still haven't received it back and they won't send anything till that happens. Ok this is ###ed... I call the Kingston Store and get the run around... manager on days off no idea. need to bring it in etc etc etc... Now this is 6000.00 of equipment and they won't ship??? I bought a freakin HP laptop at WALMART for when I travel simply to be able to use messenger to talk to my family and THEY sent me a box fixed my unit and sent it back within 3 days during the same time period! Anyhow I digress... I get a call on last saturday almost three weeks into this crap and its "supposedly" the manager from MDG in kingston... dunno what we can do was a head office issue blah blah blah... Ok you need to hear me Mr. Manager, I WILL go to the BBB AND the Media if this isn't resolved by monday. "Nothing I can do for you etc etc". Hangs up. Now I am steaming mad sitting at my store having just endured some of the worst customer service over the last almost three weeks and a "manager" tells me suck it up and deal with Main Office... Suddenly an hour and a half later i get a call... Oh the item was shipped out thursday (this is on saturday) from the warehouse and gives me some tracking number... I go to UPS (cause thats who brought the first WRONG power adaptor) and guess what... FAKE!!! No such tracking number... So Tuesday (monday was a holiday) my partner calls MDG head Office... no such tracking number and it was supposedly sent via canada post. Today UPS pulls up and delivers a box to our store. My son signs for it... its brought home and I look at it and immediately state (wait for it) "Its the WRONG FREAKIN ONE AGAIN". Can people at this company NOT look at the records and make SURE the right damn part is sent??? So I call again and I am "tryinbg" to be pleasant... 4 phone transfers later I get someone claiming to be a technical support manager but "oh the warehouse is closed so I don't know if we have a power adaptor" and they want us to send in the NOTEBOOK for them to match the adaptor up... ok... lets see... why not send us a box for the BROKEN ONE and then make sure it matches that and send the NEW ONE to us????? They do not NEED the notebook! it was working fine till the battery completely died! Just send us the damn adaptor. At this point I am preparing to go to the media because the delays, excuses, poor service, condescending attitudes and rudeness are not WORTH my money. We "had" recommended MDG to others... NEVER again! In fact my partner is so disgusted with them if it were not for the fact this was a 2200.00 machine she'd throw it out and turn to dell or ANYONE else. Personally I do not believe this will be resolved any time soon as I could tell i was simply being placated. We'll see what occurs within the next 48 hours. Monday May 28th if we have not gotten this resolved with some sort of apology "at a minimum" I guess I will have no choice but to go to the BBB and the media. I will not accept two or three day waits and the wrong parts any more either. If they want to impress me they need to load their own tech with one of every power supply and send him down in a car and resolve this. Again I have to look at the example given by HP for a 700.00 notebook and they went above and beyond! MDG you really need to have someone a) teach your tech support people not to be condescending and rude b) make sure your warehouse sends the right parts when sending parts and c) get a better WARRANTY program that INCLUDES services as HP does. If you want to compete and be compared to them as a leader then you need to start doing business "better". you have my name, you have my email. If you check my name the one in Trenton Ontario is the one you want... The clock is ticking. Up to you how this goes. For me its done and I am prepared to move on this as a consumer that recognizes my rights in Canada and specifically Ontario with respect to poor service and shoddy warranty.

• Ra
      random guy Sep 01, 2008

hey jerk off,
      mdg not registered with BBB so good luck. also mdg pays media (tv and newspapers and radio) to advertise for them so if the media posts some random (again I express) jerk offs complaint, then they lose tons of money in advertising profit. If you know computers like you say you do, then you should know that buying parts and building yourself if much cheaper. congrats on setting up a lan server. *clap clap*. should have sucked it up and gone to kingston store. and before you run your mouth again, i dont work for them or anything, i just hate jerk offs who have nothing better to do than complain.
      p.s. call center EMPLOYEES are not tehnicians. if they were they would make more money working on systems rather than sitting on their ### trying to act like they know what theyre talking about. surprised you can find the power button.

• Ha
      hammy May 11, 2009

I do believe the jerk-off is "Random Guy", not the OP...

• Md
      mdgchump Feb 09, 2012

I too bought product from them five months ago and the desktop thyat they supposedly "fixed" is slow as fck and constantly is not responding. My ten year old computer works better then their "new" computer. I should have reviewed this site before purchasing.I have'nt been recomending them to anyone nor will I ever.

MDG Lousy customer service!

I was dealing with MDG to get a TV and laptop.. I was told by Rob that he just needs to get the paperwork to me, I sign it, fax it back and he will do the rest and that I will receive the products within a week... I called him to make sure that this was going to happen. I couldn't get a hold him.. The employee had no clue of who he was and said "we can offer you the product upon that you pay $39.99 for 16 weeks before you receive the products".. I said "no bloody way.. I expect to receive what I am paying for immediately". She told me that that is not how they work. She also told me that even though I haven't signed anything yet, I would be charged $500 for any cancellation so she couldn't cancel the order that hasn't been processed yet... I was pissed about it. I asked to talk to a manager, she said that "no manager is available, but, I am a manager so you have to deal with me". I told her "I will not pay $500 for something that hasn't happened yet" and she told me "you have no choice in the matter". She told me that "if you want to complain about it, email feedback AT mdgdirect.ca and they will get back to you within 24-48 hours".. Well, 1.5 weeks later, no response. I also put a request in the email for a receipt to show that they opened the email... It hasn't happened. This company does not care about customer service or the customers. They only care about trying to make money. If i was to ever get anything from them, they are going to have to prove to me that the product is top notch quality at a top notch price I receive it in timely matter with no BS non of this payments for 16 weeks crap before you receive the product and way better customer service than what you get when you call... They are lousy at treating customers.

Ryan Tomlinson,
    Delta, BC.

• Mc
        MC2007 Jun 13, 2007

Interesting to read your comments about MDG. I have had quite a different experience with them, in fact I have had my MDG PC for quite some time now and haven't had a single problem with it. When I was researching PC's before I bought my MDG I found that it was only MDG that uses Tier one brand name components in all of their models. And the packages deals they have were certainly competitive with other company's. I forwarded your complaint to mynotebookreview.com because they have contact with all the major brands in Canada and if you post your comments there as well you will have their attention! Hope that helps!

• Sh
        Sherri Nov 15, 2007

I bought an MDG system almost 3 years ago and paid monthly, every time I paid I would receive a bill stating that I owed more than I bought the system for. I bought the system for around $1700 almost 3 years ago, and they say that I still owe them $1900 today!! I have stopped paying as I have calculated all of my payments and have paid well over what I bought the system for and filed a complaint. The error was that I was not to be charged interest for the first year, and I was charged from the very beginning, which is why the amount has never dropped. Pretty INSANE interest rate!! I contacted MDG and the Toronto Star and MDG offered to give me a free monitor for my troubles??? Yeah okay! I refused, and now I have a collections agency calling me for $1900. This company sucks ###!

• To
        Toni Murphy Apr 07, 2009

Dont have anything form you and yu are still taking money out of my bank would like all that back

• Sh
        ShawnaN Mar 23, 2014

I should have read the complaints before dealing with MDG. Their customer service doesn't exist and the tv that showed up was broken. No replacement in sight and no word from their irresponsible sales people or customer service.

Don't do business with them.

• Ra
        Rachel23 Aug 22, 2014

Decided to try MDG computers because of their financing options and boy was I impressed. Service is fast and friendly and prices are reasonable. Would recommend and rebuy from them anytime.

MDG Computers - Newmarket, Ontario — Manufacturer's defect, warranty not covered

Purchased a computer from the Newmarket MDG computer store on May 17, 2006. I went there to buy a computer...