McDonald's / rude customers

1 Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Review updated:

I'm a 16-year old girl that is currently working at McDonald's. It wasn't exactly my first choice to work there but I really needed the money since I am now paying for my own things. I like my job, and work around wonderful people. The only thing that stings me are the customers.
I'm not implying to all of you, but we ARE trying our best to fulfill you're needs, and it just makes it harder if you yell and call us names.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE serving people, but I have a constant fear of people making threats or racial slurs to me and often feel like breaking into tears.

I'm on the verge of thinking of quitting, but with the money issues and bills, I might have to stick to this one.

I'm hopeful of a better job with a more professional environment, but it's been harder to get one due to the economical issues.

Thanks for reading this. It really vents out my doubts.

Pn

Comments

• Me
      5th of Sep, 2009

I totally understand that you have to deal with rude customers but seriously I can't imagine that you've been working there that long considering you're only 16, so I don't really get why you're complaining already?! I bet before you started working there, you probably felt around the same way as a lot of the customers you've had to deal with. Expecting to grab your food and go, but in the end you have to deal with people who don't know what they're doing, hence they shouldn't even be working there. A lot of the people that complain have probably been to quite a few McDonald locations and have dealt with a lot of crap from the employees of McDonald's, just like with every other restaurant or fast food place.

• Ad
      5th of Sep, 2009

when i come home and half my order is missing yah we get a tad upset, and plus we cant even understand these fast food workers now days, so make sure you give the customers the right order and you should have no problems right?? take your time when dealing with customers food, so they dont have to drive all the way back. and dont give a attitude like most micky ds workers, good luck on your job and its great that you are working at a young age, shows you are a go getter!!

• Wi
      4th of Jul, 2010

I too work at mcdonalds. It amazes me how rudepeople
    can be! I mean they can see we are packed and all are trying
    our best but they still decide that yelling at us will make
    will make things go faster! When in reality it slows us down
    more! It puts the managers in a bad mood
    which in return puts
    everyone else in a bad mood. It would be much
    better for everyone if people would be more paitent. I know at some points the customer
    has a legit complaint but if they would just calmly talk to someone than
    it can be solved faster and easier. I quess I needed to vent too. For these reasons I treat every waitress or service person with paitence and understanding because I know how it feels to be on the other end. I think every person should have to work at a fast food place so they understand there is more to it than just making food.