Maytag / washer doesn't clean clothes

I just purchased a Maytag washer and it doesn't clean the clothes. They come out smelling like they went it. It's being loaded correctly, with the right soap, on the Deep Water Setting, with the Power Wash option, and on the hottest water temp. There are so many reviews echoing this same defectiveness of agitator-less high efficiency washers. I understand it's meant to use less water however the design doesn't work if clothes come out stinky. Home Depot won't take it back and Maytag won't exchange it since it's not broken. I'm so angry and frustrated that a $900 washer is being sold when it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to to..wash clothes! All I'd like is to exchange for the agitator version and unfortunately I'm stuck with this useless product. I'll never buy another Maytag nor shop at another Home Depot.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Apr 05, 2018

We are very sorry to hear this CusTOMER, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We would be glad to look into this if you could email us at Maytag_Digital@maytag.com with your name, address, phone number and the model & serial numbers of the APPLIANCE.

El
Apr 4, 2018

Comments

• Ge
      4th of Apr, 2018

Hi.

Is like to be able to help.

Maytag produces some very nice washers - some of the best rated.

Can you provide the actual model number for your particular unit?

If your concerns have already been addressed to your satisfaction, no response is needed.

16th of May, 2018

Purchased an MVWc565FW0 Maytag washer the end of October 2016. It never worked right. Did not clean clothes properly, made horrible clicking noises and when in April of 2017 it ruined my clothes by distributing something black ( grease?) all over my white clothes and bedding, a repair man came out and replaced the drive, support and cam . Even though I still did not think my clothes came out clean or smelling good, but no more black spots until this week and once again all my white clothes were ruined by something black all over them and machine again making clicking noises. Of course now it is out of warranty. We were hoping to go back to Lowes in Greenville where we purchased and perhaps they would give us a break on a new one, but we were only laughed at. Never again will I own a Maytag product. We went to another store and purchased a GE, which is what I had before I got the maytag. My GE had lasted me 16yrs. I know nothing is made to last that long anymore but you would think it would last longer than a year. Actually, it didn't last a year because it never worked properly. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is the general practice for this appliance. Either way I am very unhappy and would never recommend anyone ever buy one.

• 10
      22nd of May, 2018

@Janet Baker Hollopeter I have the same model. Havent been happy with it from day one. Had around a year...no grease on clothes yet but has always made the clicking noise that we were told are normal however it doesnt get the clothes clean and the agitator tears up clothes. Last night my daughter's night gown somehow went under the agitator and we are going to have to buy a special tool to remove the agitator. I called msytag customer service and they want to send a technition out. I just want a better quality washer that cleans clothes and doesnt tear them up.

30th of May, 2018

@10Jd Thank you for your review. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address,  Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance and a brief description of the problem you are experiencing. Thank you.