Maytag/French Door Bottom Drawer Freezer / freeze up

I bought a Maytag French Door Bottom Drawer Freezer refrigerator last June. When we go south in Jan. thru April I have always shut my icemaker off. When we arrived home and there was frozen soda in main frig but I thought it was because it wasn't full of food. I turned on the icemaker and everything in my crisper drawers as well as other items froze. Serviceman came and used hairdryer on coils behind the back wall of frig and said that when I shut it off it goes to "Max Cool" and into refrigerator as it isn't making ice. Recommended I drain the water from the coils while away. This is a design flaw, no question. There is nothing mentioned in the instruction book re turning off the icemaker. A friend in another State had the same problem. Not sure what I should do next.

An

Comments

• De
      12th of Sep, 2013

I have a Maytag Frig with French Doors and Bottom Freezer. The track on the side where the ice maker keeps freezing up and I can't open the freezer door. I have to shut it off and wait for it to warm up and melt. Maytag has NO technical support whatsoever and only a one year warranty on their applicances. I tried silicone spray and it still does it. Maytag claims no one else reported this issue for this model. Anyone know what else I can try without spending $150 for a repairman?