Maytag Depenability Plus / repair of washer

I have been trying to have repairs made to my Maytag washer since the orginal claim filed under my extended warranty since late March. Despite countless calls and time spent on the phone with these people, my machine is still taking up space in the laundry room. Last week I finally talked to a customer service employee that seemed to know what he is doing and a promise was made to repair the machine. This was after certified letters were sent to the service plan, their carrier and the attorney general's office. My small local certified Maytag service provider a couple of weeks ago was told that he would be left holding the bag on a $200 part that Maytag sent him, he did not order the wrong part. He was told several times up to that payment would be "overnighted" on the first service call payment that he made in April. He just received payment in September. I eprsonally had to spend my time to straighten this mess out. Do not buy Maytag and especially do not buy their extended warrently. It is not worth the paper used to print in on.

Comments

• Cf
      12th of Apr, 2007

This is very typical of May tag. As I too have in the past and currently am experiencing the exact same ordeal ie: numerous phone calls and extended time with repetitious suppling of information to their robot answering system before you get to a very rude live consultant then having to repeat the entire process and only to be told to wait two days before being contacted by a dispatching service then scheduled 1 week before they'll even come out! So much for the 'Lonely May tag Repairman' Not mention this will be the 11th service call on their top of the line 'Neptune Washer' that you are told you must continually run empty loads with dishwasher detergent to keep the mold in check. Some design guys! Your R & D leaves a lot to be desired!!!