Maytag / not honoring class action settlement!

Please do not buy a Neptune or any other Maytag branded appliance. My frontloader machine was part of the class action settlement back in 2004 and we never received notice of it and therefore could not receive compensation. The Neptune settlement hotline: [protected] was not helpful and claim that I probably received the form in the mail and did not know what it is. So, not only did I not receive the form, they insult my intelligence by saying I received it and did not know what it was.

All they need to do was replace a rubber seal to get rid of the mildew problem and yet they can't do that at their expense. Needless to say, I am never buying a Maytag again and urge everyone else to do the same. Let's rise up against these terrible corporations!

Mi

Comments

Vk
  22nd of Jul, 2013

In 2007 bought maytag centennial and the panel board quit performing. I had to manually move it to the next position. My husband repaired and it worked for a little longer. Finally got rid of it in 2010. I did not give up on Maytag product I guess I am a fool for name brand product. We purchased Bravo series Maytag washer in 2010 and it was a peice of junk. I immediately started complaining about sound it made. My husband told me that is the way it sounds. It continued to get louder and louder until he finally gave it up and took the whole thing apart. The bearing in the tub area had gone out but you could not buy bearing had to buy the whole tub $300.00 added to the original cost of $880.00 dollars made me sick. It now has gone out again!!! I did not mention the horrible smell it continued to have on a regular basis. This is a real problem for consumers and very costly. I just purchased another washing machine yesterday GE brand but I have read all over internet problems with every brand of washing machines on market in US. This is totally unacceptable to rip off the American consumers and needs to be addressed.