Mayan Palace — Terrible company
When we arrived at the airport in Cozumel a man approached us and said he was a "Tourist Advisory". He gave us some pointers about what to see while we are there, and then offered a good deal on a car rental. We agreed to rent a car from him and he gave us an invoice with signatures saying it was paid in full. The man also invited us to visit a newly built Mayan Palace and listen to a one-hour presentation on timeshares.
We didn't know if we would have time to do it and we said so.
When we were at the airport a week later getting ready to register for our flight home, the same man approached us and said we owe him a balance of $200 because we didn't listen to his presentation. He then showed us our invoice with fine print that said in order to get the car rental rate we received we would need to listen to the presentation. He then threatened us with police.
We paid the money with our credit card and now I have requested my bank to cancel that transaction.
Do not get caught in this scam! It's a well played game. Do not get caught in it.
More Mayan Palace Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Mayan Palace - class action lawsuit 
- Mayan Palace - Mexican Timeshare took hundreds of millions 
- Vida Vacations / Vidanta - Timeshare scam 
- Mayan Palace - Scam 
- Mayan Palace - LIES BY SALES PEOPLE 
- Vidanta - Won't refund deposit 
- Mayan Palace - mayan palace awful timeshare experience 
- Mayan Palace - They ruined my vacations. 
- Mayan Palace - Credit Card Cloned 
- [Resolved] Vidanta - Fraudulent Sales Practice of Acapulco sales office