Menu
Branson's Nantucket
reviews & complaints

Branson's Nantucket
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

21 complaints
2 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Branson's Nantucket. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought into with promise could use points to go other places with rci partnership, rci dropped them, then they said could us advantage to travel elsewhere, they eliminated exchange program after 2 weeks we bought, and offered to take 56000 points and give $300 off a trip or pay maintenance only, Nantucket then invited back for update visit, to find out they...

M
2:50 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We went on presentation of Nantucket in Branson, Mo in December 2017. At the time we were with Wyndham and wanted to get out of that so the salesman said he could get us out of Wyndham and we could join Nantucket and made it sound so good, showed us the RCI book and said you can go anywhere in this book with your points and maintenance fees were cheaper so...

5:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We went to Branson MO Aug. 2021. We attended a timeshare tour at Branson Nantucket on 8/2. We were misled during the presentation & the paperwork that stated we had a certain amt. of annual points, 12,233, 1 bedroom, season red, which were supposed to afford a vacation anywhere in the world through RCI, Advantage & another exchange club every year. After a...

A
3:06 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was misled into purchasing a very expensive timeshare by Branson's Nantucket that we did not want. The sales people are relentless and push you into signing their deal. My husband Jack and I are senior citizens and we are both in declining health and I am now suffering from memory issues, and had to get my son Jeff to help write this complaint for us. We...

9:57 pm EST

Branson's Nantucket - Ownership of Branson Nantucket

Purchased a part of Branson Nantucket and issued a warranty deed. Contract 1BN7558. We pay fees and special assessment for use of property which we have not used in over three years. Cannot book property when we want to go. The contract keeps changing and the company does not issue updates or honor what they initially told us when buying into the property.

Mislead by lies and deceitful people working for this company. We were initially told that if we were to decide we no longer wanted to be a deed holder or have ownership, that Branson Nantucket had the first option to buy the propery back from us. When I called the ownership number, I was informed that they were not buying any property back. The other option was to sell the property we were deeded or give it back to Nantucket. There were special rules applying to this but we have been lied to at least 3 different times about our contract, which was also affiliated with RCI (an exchange program with Nantucket). Nantucket ownership states RCI affiliate exchange vacation program was terminated by RCI, and when we called RCI they informed me that Branson Nantucket terminated with them between 2019-2020. We received an email about this dated Dec 2021 when it happened way before this date.

We have paid our fees, fullfilled our end of the contract and we want these people to send in writing that they are taking this property back and we no longer are liable for any part of this contract. We paid a price of $8139.00 for this property and exchange program, and they are not honoring what the contract says.

Desired outcome: Reimbursed fees for this year of $475 and waive the $527 fees and notarized in writing that we are free and clear of any further contract obligations.

4:58 pm EDT

Branson's Nantucket - Covid assessment fee

One reason to go with Branson's Nantucket, no assessment fees or monthly maintenance fees. Wait a minute, then why do I get an assessment fee, with no warning, for $475 dollars? Oh, because they say it is "special" they can hit you with whatever they want. And if you choose not to pay it, and you can, they will turn it over to a collection agency and attack your credit. Wonderful place to do business and stay on vacation. STAY AWAY, RUN FAST. as all timeshares its all lies all, the time.

Desired outcome: no special cleaning fee. Its a hoax for more money.

2 comments
Dec 28, 2021 7:54 am EST

When I called owner services about what the extra assessment fee was for she beat around the bush and could not even tell me. This company is nothing but a scam and lie, cheat, false advertise, mislead people. They should be shut down for their wrong doings.

Nov 19, 2021 7:23 am EST

Got the same notice. Is there any recourse?

K

Branson's Nantucket - timeshare

This company tells you nothing but lies. Stay away from them. They make promises and are never fulfilled. They take your money and leave you without the ability to make reservations. They tell you they only make reservations for owners. Owners of what? A worthless deed! You can't get reservations when you are able to go. Last year I was able to get 3 days when I was able to go. This year they tell me the same lie that everyone who cancelled last year made reservations for this year and there is nothing available. I had to pay $1100 for maintance fees which is up $300. from last time I paid them which was right after the timeshare was bought. They won't buy back your timeshare, you can't rent it either although they will tell you they will rent it for you. You are paying for nothing. Save your money and your heart break.

Desired outcome: a buy back

Dec 28, 2021 8:00 am EST

What you are stating here is true indeed. We purchased in 2015. They have not honored what their contract says or what their employees tell you. They lie, cheat, steal money from good folks to build their empire over in Branson. They have a scheme in place and know how to lie and be deceitful. They do not return phone calls, emails, or reply or respond to their owners needing to have valid information.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My sister and I bought in to their program this last year and were talked into an upgrade where we were promised certain things for spending the extra 18, 000$ we didn't receive a single thing they told us we would get and when we asked about it the guys response was "get a lawyer" also while we were there a guy locked my family outside of the tower...

6:26 pm EDT

Branson's Nantucket - Time share conman was deceitful and full of lies.

My wife and I are in our mid to late 60's and live on retirement and S.S. When our conman, Sean Munday, revealed the price for what he was selling we told him that we couldn't afford $19, 000. But his reply was, how about this. In January we give you 50, 000 points and then you go through advantage and can convert 5, 000 of those points to $5, 000 cash and put that towards what you owe. Come January we find out that advantage has never done cash conversions like this. The lady also stated that she has heard this from several victims.
When we got called back for our orientation a couple months later, it was nothing but another sales pitch from Josh, telling us we would have to buy a new package because every time they change bosses the old deals are out and new ones are implemented. He stated the cash conversion was gone but had not been replaced yet.
I wonder if Sean's family is proud of how he scams out of their money. My credit score has gone down and I am having to pull money from different places to make the $193.00 monthly payment.
You got me Sean, but I'll still pray for you.

Desired outcome: All money back and out completely

Dec 28, 2021 8:01 am EST

Hope you get some resolution here. These people are scammers and need to be shut down.

8:58 pm EDT

Branson's Nantucket - Deceitful salespeople

Nantucket salesman Mr Munday was told by us that we could not afford what he was offering. He then told us that we could convert 5000 points to $5000 cash after The first of the year to be spent how we wanted. Come time to convert the advantage lady did not know anything about a cash conversion. We were invited back for a new owners orientation where Josh explained that advantage had reduced the conversion amount to $.15 per point but Advantage is saying that there is no such thing as a cash conversion. Now we are hearing from a Advantage employee that she has been hearing this for a couple years. They promise anything to get the money then they change their story and say, it's wasn't in the contract. I have Josh's statement on tape.

Desired outcome: Money back and out from under this scam.

A
11:56 am EDT

Branson's Nantucket - Deception and outright lies

We went through their timeshare sale and ended up purchasing points, unfortunately. Later when went to use these points we discovered that we had been completely deceived regarding the Value of the Points. We were shown what was titled the "Value Points Chart", which indicated that the points we purchased would get us approx. 12 nights every year in a 2 bedroom unit, and we were told that you can book 12 months in advance. Well, what wasn't pointed out was that in extremely tiny letters at the very bottom of that chart it says something to the affect that "Value Points can be booked 30 days in advance". They never showed us the actual points chart because had we seen it, we would never had bought. According to the actual points, we had enough for like 2 nights a year, 1 week every 3 years. Also, our salesman told us clearly that the dues could not be raised without a vote that gave the owners 90% of the vote and developer 10%, so the dues wouldn't go up without that approval by the owners. Later, after we signed up, we were told that wasn't true and it was questioned by them that our sale person even told us that. Well, it was me, my husband and our adult son in the room, we all heard that very clearly.

Desired outcome: It doesn't look like we can get any of our money back, so our desired outcome would be to protect others from this kind of fraud and that new laws would be created to protect the consumer.

Dec 28, 2021 8:09 am EST

Thank you for posting this truth about Branson's Nantucket. When I have called owner services in regards to how to go about them buying back the property we purchased, their response was "we are not buying any property". This was stated to us upon purchasing under contract, and since first initializing the contract they have not abided by what is in the contract. They have since upped the fees by $475, and sent this out later after people paid the $527 fees. Sneaky business practices altogether here. They also cancelled with RCI which was in the contract for affiliate exchange program, and lied and said RCI dropped them. I certainly hope others will read and heed the warning of getting involved with these deceitful people. They have taken from a lot of innocent victims for many years.

4:21 pm EST

Branson's Nantucket - Unethical Sales

We made the mistake of getting involved with this company. We were told in the beginning that with 14, 000 points we could get 2 to 3 weeks vacation. Before even getting a chance to use the system we get a call to come back to go over the account. At this meeting we are told that was false and we needed to upgrade to 38, 000 points to get 2 to 3 weeks vacation and all RCI or Nantucket vacations would only be 10, 000 to 15, 000 points each week .That's
not true either according to RCI. Then there is the story of selling back 15, 000 points a year to get a check for 4-$6000 dollars. At this point I can't even get into RCI because the paperwork is missing. Just give back the money you stole from us

Desired outcome: Return our money

D
9:10 pm EST

Branson's Nantucket - Deceitful

We were told that if we bought, we could place our points in the Advantage Program and turn around and pay off the balance. We were told we could get a one bedroom anytime for 4500 points. We were also told that if it didn't work for us, Nantucket would buy it back for the amount we had paid for it. We bought in September of 2020. They offered for us to come back December 16, to see if we knew how to use our package. Well, seeing we couldn't use it until 2021, we didn't have a clue. What we did find out was that everything our salesman had told us was a lie. On top of that, the meeting was to try to get us to buy more. We were so distraught that we didn't learn anything about how to use it. We had a 4 night stay, but only stayed one night due to the fact we were heartbroken that we had been conned.
David and Julie Myers

Desired outcome: Our money back, plus the dues we paid on 1/1/21

3 comments
Dec 28, 2021 8:11 am EST

This same deceit was told to us in order to sell us a piece of their building to pay for it. Their sales people are made to lie in order to hook people into paying for their empire at Branson.

D
Oct 05, 2021 10:29 pm EDT

I hear ya.

Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm EDT

We had the exact thing happen to us as well. When we were invited back for our “new owner orientation” I told Josh that Our salesman, Mr Monday, had lied to us and told us about the point conversion that no one else knew anything about. He explained, on tape, that had told several people the same thing but things change and advantage had changed the conversion rate to $.15 per point. Advantage still says that they have never done cash conversions for points.

E
2:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In Dec. we were invited to spend 4 days, Meeting Free, at Branson/Nantucket. A beautiful Resort, immaculately clean and very comfortable. We are/was owners. Upon our arrival we were informed that we would have to attend a meeting on the 14th of December. We reluctantly agreed to attend. Since the devastation of our home being flooded and destroyed, we had...

10:24 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My complaint is that Branson Nantucket gave out my private and confidential contract specifics. They assured me that I was within the time to rescind the contract I had signed with the other company who had claimed they had bought out Branson. They lied and I was a month too late to rescind. They have admitted to all of this to the Missouri Attorney'...

I
6:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company Mize about the product and what it will achieve to get you to buy and then after making several attempts to get a reservation they offer a package at an additional cost in order to find availability only to bring you back on a second presentation and upgrade you by fraudulently lying to you that they are going to rent your ownership out and...

View 0 more photos
4:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They are scam artist and lies lies lies they say it's a private residents and its nothing but a timeshare and it is a very bad one at that you can stay there unless you pay them a fee through rci don't trust a thing they say. They will take your money and you will have nothing they say it's only 10000 points to say there it's really 65000 and up

G
4:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a one bedroom a couple of years ago, but was basically told that was entry level and there wasn't much I could do with the number of points I bought. Upgraded to a two bedroom, finally got to stay in a three bedroom for some extra money and another high pressure presentation. "really good deal, we pay you if you upgrade to a five bedroom unit and...

J
12:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If you bought a package from Branson Travel for a tour at Nantucket Resort and they lied to you or "upgraded" your package for $40 for a two night certificate to one of 91 cities to stay in a "4 star hotel" and then tried to use it and couldn't, or any other of their scams and you need a notarized statement from me, I will be happy to provide one. I worked...

T
11:05 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They Lie and tell you stuff to make you join, then they wont give me my money back have contacted Attorney General they have big file on these guys.

Branson's Nantucket contacts