Marshalls / bias

United States, Massachusetts Review updated:
I work at Marshals part time and I have a day time job that pays well. My Marshalls job is money I use for gas, food and misc. things. I am a minority in the community where I work at, I am in my mid 20's(but looks between17-19). It's already bad enough that when I am at work I am talked down as if I am a little kid but it also feels like I am being watched. So being that my day time job is down the street from Marshalls on my days off from Marshalls after leaving my day job I go to the store to do a little shopping and sometimes bring business by inviting my co -workers to go shopping with me after telling them about a good sale that is going on. Whenever I am in at the store shopping there are two managers and one person at the service desk that all ways makes me feel uncomfortable and gives me looks as if I am up too something. I will give them the benefit of doubt by saying that it is them being bias of my age and "class" versus calling them prejudice. This just comes along with them not knowing me and pre judging me because they fail to know that I do have a college degree and have a decent job. I like working there but when I come across these 3 particular people sometimes it make me want to quite as they make me feel very uncomfortable and not wanted as an employee there. I do not think it’s me over reacting because there are five managers in all and there are only two that I feel are judging me and it’s not just the uncomfortable looks this one particular manager is also rude and unprofessional and instead of being a manager she is shopping, laughing and carrying on with conversation at the service.

D  18th of Feb, 2015 by
It has nothing to do with race, gender, etc. The TJX companies are very accepting of all backgrounds and go out of their way to provide a sense of safety and security to all employees. You can complain to HR, but they probably heard a tip from a co-worker or something of the like.

Marshalls Logo Marshalls