Maple Call Inc / long distance calls

1-5 PO Box 57109 STN A, Toronto ON M5W 5M5, Canada Review updated:

Hello,
I have been for longtime a client of necc telecom. I was using their long distances services. I found out by chance, only a few days ago, that necc telecom has been bough by maple call. I called maple call and asked about their rates and services. They said that the necc telecom rates are kept at the same level. I received yesterday (january 30, 2019) an invoice for 2 months in the amount of $107.13. I have a previous bad experience with necc since they billed me for calls I have never used. I understand that the invoice is for 2 months. However I never paid so much. There are other fees in the amount of $18.16, that I have never paid before. The invoice states that it has to be paid until february 2, 2019 otherwise late charges may apply. I am trying since yesterday to contact them. It seems almost impossible, I am currently the 49th in line every time I am calling them. Right now I am awaiting for 45minutes and I am the customer 1 (from 49 at the beginning). The customer service representative answered me said hello and hang up on me. It looks that is almost impossible to talk to them. I tried to locate them on the internet but I cannot find any site. It looks that it is a phantom company.
I have the account number [protected], and the invoice number [protected] (cannot attached since pdf not accepted as format). I cannot see in their invoice their gst number, usually all the invoices have. I would like to know what my recourse against them is. It looks that I have no other choice then to pay without asking questions, otherwise I will be penalized with late fees. Another question, how I will unsubscribe from them. There is only a po address.
Aida sorescu
Cell:[protected]
Home:[protected]
Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Maple Call Inc

• Haddad's Response, Jan 31, 2019

I have canceled my service with NECC two years ago and I got an invoice from Maple Call. for $8.45. It seems that Maple Call bought NECC. What is this? Is this a spam? How to get rid of this? Are these invoices can affect our credit history if not paid?

Ai
Jan 31, 2019

Comments

• Ni
      10th of Feb, 2019

I got the same issue. I was with Bluetone and just got a vm few days ago saying that from now on I'll be with Maple Telecom. Today, 2/10 got an invoice of $107.35 for the calls I made in December and January. The funny thing is I had a deal of $10/month for 1000 minutes which it looks like it doesn't apply here. So basically I should pay about $30 for 2 months not $107.35. It seems they took over the clients only and any their previous balances, not the deals they had with the previous carrier.
    I just read the other posts above and it looks like they don't know what their doing and I'll try to get a hold of them and cancel. Hope I'm patient during this process. Lol

• So
      11th of Feb, 2019
    Maple Call - Uncrear payment request
    Canada

Hello,

I have received an invoice #89020328 for $9.25 with due day to pay Feb 02/19. In remittance section of the invoice said DO NOT PAY??? What does it mean???

I would like to cancel any services with Maple Call Inc. as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mariya

11th of Feb, 2019

I am having the same problem, I received an invoice and cant contact Maple Call, The email they posted doesn't exist [protected]@maplecall, Looks [censored] it is a scan, Cant contact NECC and cant Make long distance call using the speed dial number they provided us, they are charging me $ 9.34 fee, on the invoice says not to pay and that it will be automatically processed 5 days before the due date, , they didnt processed the payment and are charging this fee. does anyone knows what is going on .I think we should complain to small business bureal .

• Ha
      12th of Feb, 2019
    Maple Call Inc - International Calling Service
    Toronto, ON
    Canada

• Lo
      13th of Feb, 2019

People, do pay these scammers. It'll be expensive for them to use the credit bureau to hunt hundreds of people. This is fraud. Report them to the The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre and police.

• Bl
      15th of Feb, 2019

I was with BlueTone and called them two days ago. They reduced my bill for $8, and gave me instructions how to pay my bill online. It's basically same company with the same, just different name.

• Er
      15th of Feb, 2019

I have received an invoice with total amount due 13.15$ I didnt make any calls.I call coustomer service so many times and they hang up on me before i get to speack with anyone!! I used to be with NECC, what can i do, any info please !!

• Ju
      16th of Feb, 2019

Like the others, we also received a billing from Maple call Inc. on Feb. 15 which has a due date of Feb 14. It included other fees of $14.01 which was never charged by NECC before. We don't know anything about Maple call Inc and we cannot just pay any outstanding dues for services rendered to a company that is unknown to us nor we had any contract at all. Even if Maple call Inc legally took over the business of NECC, there should have been a formal communications to all NECC's customers on the matter. How can we validate that Maple call Inc is really the legal successor of NECC without any proof or any communications regarding the business transition from NECC to Maple Call Inc? Maple call Inc is not even listed in the Better Business Bureau registry in Toronto. It is not listed as a registered payee in our Bank account which we normally use to pay our bills.