Makro Polokwane / 2 x gopro hero for r2499.00

1 polokwane, South Africa

On Saturday the 29th of October I purchased 2 gopro hero's which were bundled together and marked for 1 price of R2499.00, when I get home which is 2 hours away in phalaborwa I find that one of the boxes does not have a camera in it just the accessories . I had to drive back the next day to collect my other camera the person in charge of that department says it was only supposed to be 1 for that price. I disagreed because I asked other staff about it and they confirmed it was 2 for that price and makro being a huge chain store part of the Walmart group they cannot mislead and falsely advertise to customers. I further spoke to the floor manager Piet Moekwena and he then confirmed it was a mistake on their side, he agreed that I will get both for the price I paid which is R2499.00. This was fine until he found out that the box of the 2nd camera is R4800.00 and he said he will have to get higher authority to release it to me but he will definitely do so and deliver it to me on Thursday the 3rd of November in which I wasn't happy but I accepted anyway and he said I should trust him that I will receive it. Piet did contact me yesterday the 31st of October and informed that everything was still fine he then phoned me today 1st of November to let me know that he will not be giving me the 2nd gopro due to reasons that made no sense because he had already assured me of the delivery and accepted the wrong advertising . I then phoned his store General Manager, Thabo and queried the situation. The GM had no sense of customer service and gave me a stiff attitude as if I was wrong in claiming that their staff had incorrectly priced and informed me of the items price. He refuses to accept that makro polokane was wrong in packaging both gopros together and giving me the customer what I saw it advertised for. I am extremely disgusted in how makro Polokwane can lie and cheat its customers out of false advertising and just hope to get the situation resolved.

Ma