Mahindra Scorpio / Poor Delivery / Logistics Operations

1 Ireland Review updated:

To Mahindra Auto Team,
This is a very serious concern that I have regarding the delivery of vehicles and lack in transparency between Mahindra and TVS.

Earlier, last month, I had booked for the new Scorpio Vlx - D.White from the Cochin Showroom. Upon booking, the sales person (who I suppose is a reasonable person in this deal) enquired at Palaghat and assured delivery of the vehicle within 2-3 weeks. He mentioned that the vehicle would be ready, even before, but did not assure the same. But we were happy with the time 2-3 weeks. People usually plan things in advance based on the expectation. (In my family, we get a new car like say once in 10 years - just mentioned to tell you how much we learned about the vehicle and how much passionate we are about the vehicle that we get also mentioning how less experienced we are in dealing with Car dealers). I planned my leave accordingly and it got skipped twice now. And now, the Sales person mentions that he has got absolutely NO IDEA as to when the vehicle will be delivered. Doesn't that sound absurd? No complaints regarding the sales person, since he has not got the proper communication regarding how many vehicles will reach the yard and when he can promise the delivery.

Four people whom I know directly or not have cancelled their booking of the new Scorpio, just due to this delay. God knows how many more have cancelled it. You see, it's like telling a small kid that you will get him an ice cream while in the park, and keep delaying it. Finally when you get him at ice cream when he is back at home, he may even throw it back at your face.

I donot mean any personal offense to anybody, but I am sure that the system of delivery / your process of Transportation and Logistics of the vehicles is INCOMPLETE somewhere. Else, there would not be a case where Cochin office informed the Palaghat office that they had a requirement for 2 white Vlx vehicles and they instead get 2 black Sle vehicles. I came to know this, when the sales person told that " If it was a black Sle, they could have delivered".

You see, I am not telling that Scorpio is the complete SUV, but for the price, it's a good deal and that's why many people opt for the car. But if you try to compromise the service that the company giveswith the quality of the car, you could start loosing a lot of valuable customers, especially at this time when the competition is high. Again, I am not cancelling the deal anyway. But I know 1 person who booked for a D.White Scorpio, cancelled it due to the delay, booked a Pearl white Tata Safari and is riding it around in town as I write this. See, most people don't really know a lot about engineering and vehicles. You delay one masterpiece in engineering to them, they but another piece (may be not a masterpiece). After all it's their money and they choose. Please don't loose out customers like this, if you really care for the company.
There is an expectation set for such a customer when you see the vehicle in front. But, once you don't get the vehicle, this dies down. The Eagerness is killed and the Thrill is lost.1 unhappy customer means a lot of wasted business.

Being a well-wisher for the vehicle and the company, I request you to look into this issue, find out a solution and if necessary you may even contact me. I would be obliged to give you my views and possible solution, in case there is a problem.

Ab

Comments

27th of May, 2009

It has been almost two months now that I booked a Vlx model at TVS Trichur with a promise of delivery within two weeks. Now it is more than two months with no favourable reply from either the dealer or the company. Surprisingly the draft on loan amount has been passed and the first instalment due soon. Have even booked a fancy no. with the deadline of getting registered coming close. Mahindra has to improve a lot on customer care and open up with the custmers to keep in business... don't know what lies with its new venture Tech Mahindra...Hope it doesn't end up like Satyam!!!

• Su
      16th of May, 2010

I am Deepak Ranjan Sahu, from Angul, Orissa booked a Scorpio spl edition vide receipt No. 165 in the date 16.04.10 at Utkal Automobile Ltd. Bhubaneswar. As the sales manager committed me that i will get the vehicle on 17th May but he was wrong. Still I have not got the vehicle, but now the sales manager says you will get that after 25th May.

So it is only the waste of time . If I book a car for my continence and for the delay of the vehicle i am suffering, then why should I purchase the Vehicle. So this is the request letter for the Mahindra company to deliver my vehicle as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Ranjan Sahu
    Angul
    Orissa

• Ge
      7th of Apr, 2011

I AM ALSO FACING THE SAME ISSUE... I HOPE THE VEHICLE IS DELIVERED TO ME TODAY.

• Mi
      19th of Sep, 2011

HI,
    i am Lawrence Michael choudary, my mahindra scorpio vlx car no is ka 20-p-0028 i purchased from karnataka
    Agnecis from manglore, my car being on accident and i put my car to repair for karnataka agnecis manglore, iput repair for car already passaway 5 month and they didnt touch yet, i purchase 3 scorpio from karnatka agnencis since when scorpio arrived, for me they are doing like this type of harassment, not repairing only keep the car, even they didnt touch, i have put bank installment 17000 per month, with out my car and no problem from my side insurance also is there i put advance money also insurance company also agreed for repair but why they are doing like that i dont know, so please take action,
    my cell no is 9901771234